Bluetooth/Auxiliary/iPod Audio Options for 2002 LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What year 100 series? How did the install go?
2006. Install was easy, remove side vents, unscrew radio, install harness, decide where to mount BT45, confirm it works, put it all back together. I didn't install the USB, 3.5 jack or mic. I did remove my cigarette lighter and wired in a rapid charging dual USB port though. I honestly spent more time deciding where I wanted to mount the BT45 then anything else lol.

I installed the Crux bluetooth adapter (either BTS-TY1 or BTS-TY2, can't remember which off the top of my head) last year. I think it was around $50-60, much cheaper than the BT45 everyone recommends. I've had almost no problems with it despite being used daily and even for some 12 hour long trips.

Only complaints is the blue LED is ridiculously bright, so I stuffed the whole unit inside the dash (I don't plan on ever using the AUX in on it), and once in a while when I start my car it doesn't work (could be something with the head unit though, it doesn't let me change to CD to listen to it), but turning the car off and back on fixes it every time (and it's only happened a few times). Installs simply by plugging in to the external CD changer port.

If I had an LX with nav, the BT45 might be more appealing, but since I have a simple featureless head unit, the Crux one is all I need.

Yea, the double din swap sounds nice, but since many of us have the integrated climate controls, I don't think this is possible. I too am now looking at the USA Spec BT45-TOY. It's unfortunate there are not better aftermarket options available.

I had integrated climate control. Definitely isn't plug n play, but easy enough.

Bought 99 bezel off ebay, double din unit, and some wire connectors and went to town. The post above on nav delete walks through everything easily. 4-5hr job.

Cassette tape adapter and a Bluetooth gadget will run you about $30 altogether and you can make and receive calls via Bluetooth through all your speakers and listen to music too.

I had integrated climate control. Definitely isn't plug n play, but easy enough.

Bought 99 bezel off ebay, double din unit, and some wire connectors and went to town. The post above on nav delete walks through everything easily. 4-5hr job.

So when you say you had integrated climate control, you mean you had it fully integrated into the NAV system? Did you buy a double din AND the separate climate control knobs?

Cassette tape adapter and a Bluetooth gadget will run you about $30 altogether and you can make and receive calls via Bluetooth through all your speakers and listen to music too.

Sound quality is not good in my experience.

So when you say you had integrated climate control, you mean you had it fully integrated into the NAV system? Did you buy a double din AND the separate climate control knobs?

Sound quality is not good in my experience.

I tried like 5 cassette adapters and they all sounded bad. Then I read that you’re supposed to turn your phone volume to only like 75% and as soon as I did that, sound was perfect.

Yes fully integrated climatr control into head unit with nav.

Read that thread link end-to-end. It has all the details.

Which adapter did you buy and did you have to modify it to keep it from ejecting? What year is your LC? I bought an adapter and it keeps getting ejected immediately. I've tried taking out one of the gears like a bunch of YouTube videos instructed but no luck. Thanks.

Which adapter did you buy and did you have to modify it to keep it from ejecting? What year is your LC? I bought an adapter and it keeps getting ejected immediately. I've tried taking out one of the gears like a bunch of YouTube videos instructed but no luck. Thanks.

I tried 3 different adapters in a 2002 LC and they all got ejected no matter what - and I even removed parts inside to supposedly 'stop' the adapter from ejecting but would never work.

Just installed the BT45-TOY last weekend, went very smooth and am happy to be able to stream from my phone again.
Had a shop try to install the BT45-TOY w/ CAS-LEX harness into a 2003 LX470 with Mark Levinson/nav...wouldn't work. They said the audio mode buttons (AM/FM/tape/DVD) would freeze up. This shop had previously installed a BT45-TOY into my '05 LS430 with no issues, but the levinson in that car has a AM-SAT button. I'll try to contact USA SPEC to see if there's any "trick" to getting it to work w/ the '01-03 Levinson units.

Also how do you tell nav or not? I mean mine has a nav. Maybe dumb question.
Not sure what you mean? If it looks like this, you have nav
1668039391955.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom