Bluetooth/Auxiliary/iPod Audio Options for 2002 LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys,

I have a 2002 LC with nav. Great ride, easy for road trips, etc., but I would like to have some sort of integration with my phone and external audio sources (iPod, auxiliary jack, etc.). I have not seen any recent threads on this topic and it seems like available information/options are sparse at best.

Can anyone recommend a good option? Thanks!
NicB.

5 or 6 good options out there- do a search for bluetooth and you'll pull a ton- Grom, VIAS, USA Spec are a few that are popular.
I have a USA Spec BT45-TOY going in this weekend.
most if not all of the BT options have aux/usb options for hard wiring.

Hi guys,

I have a 2002 LC with nav. Great ride, easy for road trips, etc., but I would like to have some sort of integration with my phone and external audio sources (iPod, auxiliary jack, etc.). I have not seen any recent threads on this topic and it seems like available information/options are sparse at best.

Can anyone recommend a good option? Thanks!
NicB.
If you are handy do this swap. You will make money on the deal after you sell your stuff.

I just installed the USA Spec BT45-TOY in my 2002 LC with nav. My DVD disk changer quit working and the USA Spec BT45-TOY was able to just plug straight into that socket on the back of the head unit. The bluetooth works great and it has an auxiliary mini stereo plug for an additional input. I was very simple to install and works excellent! Best upgrade to the system ever! I believe they also make a cable adapter if you want maintain the use of the DVD changer. That wire is USA Spec CAS-TLC. I chose to delete the DVD changer so I do not know how the adapter works. Hope this helps! #Crutchfield

I installed the the BT-45 a couple years ago. Ability to easily stream from the phone makes my 02 LX livable. Speaker phone function works well.

Only part I hate is the loud "Connected" announcement when the bluetooth pairs.

You can disable the "Connected" by going through a few simple steps. Just download the BT45-TOY manual and follow the procedure.

Quickest easiest and cheaper is just fit another head unit from pretty much any later model toyota, they plug and play with all functions.

I fitted a 2017 Corolla double din touchscreen unit to mine for full Bluetooth (and USB/aux if I want to use cables). This is the 4th I’ve fitted never had to pay more than $20 second hand

Last edited:
Quickest easiest and cheaper is just fit another head unit from pretty much any later model, they plug and play with all functions.

I fitted a 2017 Corolla double din touchscreen unit to mine for full Bluetooth (and USB/aux if I want to use cables). This is the 4th I’ve fitted never had to pay more than $20 second hand
wait... they just fit? no special anything? Do you have any writeups for this? this sounds too good to be true! I'm tired of this crappy 2001 technology :)

wait... they just fit? no special anything? Do you have any writeups for this? this sounds too good to be true! I'm tired of this crappy 2001 technology :)
Certainly on aus spec - although now I'm worried I've got you excited and actually your US spec ones might have a more complex facia? With our ones the the double DIN radio unbolts, new double DIN bolts straight in. Wiring is all the same (later radio into earlier car needs an antenna adaptor though). It's so simple I don't think a write up is really necessary... Only thing to watch is up to 02 they're true double DIN. post 02 toyota used their own double DIN + 1/2", so you need to hog out 1/4" each side like I've done below. Or fit a regular aftermarkety to a pre 02 no cutting needed

Here's my 2000 model with the 2017 corolla. Works 100% and is great!
87jcaO5l.jpg

Yea, the double din swap sounds nice, but since many of us have the integrated climate controls, I don't think this is possible. I too am now looking at the USA Spec BT45-TOY. It's unfortunate there are not better aftermarket options available.

Just installed the BT45-TOY last weekend, went very smooth and am happy to be able to stream from my phone again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom