Blown head gasket 91 3FE (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone want to help pull the head on my 91 driving down the 202 on Tuesday and thermostat didn't open resulted in radiator blowing out the bottom and end result is bad head gasket replaced the radiator today and water was pouring out the exhaust manifold then saw milkshake in the oil. I'm going to start taking it all apart tomorrow.

:frown:

Thermostat failed closed and over heated enough to blow the bottom of the radiator and head gasket to fail would have the cylinder head checked to see if it warped.

Have the thermostat fail closed in my FJ62. This was in the winter time on I-17 when I noticed. Luckily wasn't overheated yet and managed to get home driving slow with the heater blowing on high speed. Never got hot and still okay today fifteen years later.

Thermostat failed closed and over heated enough to blow the bottom of the radiator and head gasket to fail would have the cylinder head checked to see if it warped.

Have the thermostat fail closed in my FJ62. This was in the winter time on I-17 when I noticed. Luckily wasn't overheated yet and managed to get home driving slow with the heater blowing on high speed. Never got hot and still okay today fifteen years later.

Definitely will found a couple machine shops close with good reviews with the amount of water I'm afraid it might be cracked

Dropped the head off at S&S Machine Shop this morning here in Mesa nice guy good reviews had a couple of 2F heads on the shelf. First words he said though were "this is a diesel head cant work on these" then told him it was off of a 3FE and he goes ohh one of those Toyota heads not a problem

Dropped the head off at S&S Machine Shop this morning here in Mesa nice guy good reviews had a couple of 2F heads on the shelf. First words he said though were "this is a diesel head cant work on these" then told him it was off of a 3FE and he goes ohh one of those Toyota heads not a problem

That says something about the heft of the 3FE head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom