BJ70 Steering Box (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking for a replacement steering box(used) or a link to a rebuilder (preferably in Canada) for my 1987 BJ70

Thanks

I should have posted in parts wanted but I am really looking for resources available in Canada and this is a much wider question than just looking for a part.

My box leaks , creaks and the steering wanders even with the OME stabilizer.
I am going to remove the box today or tomorrow and possibly send it to the States to a rebuilder. I found them online but would consider other available options before commiting to shipping.

Thanks again

HFXcruiser
1987 BJ70

I have a few 70 series boxes here and have access to a shop that does proper rebuilds
I'm located in BC, Canada

where are you ?

Last year, my ex-BJ60 have a leaky steering gearbox.

A place in Montréal tell me they can rebuilt it for about 350$ : Québec Tech at 514-640-8999 (this place don't know me... so if you calling... I'm not a reference).

But if you want to make the job by yourself (I don't how hard is it to rebuilt a gear box) the gasket kit is about 266$ at Toyota dealer and about 200$ at NAPA. (...pretty cheap... a new steering gear box is more than 3000$ at toyota !!)

Chat with other Cruiserhead... maybe a old one can make the job for not to much $$$.

Hope that help.

Bye

Thank You David ; I will be letting someone else do it for me as I know that the box is farther gone than a gasket kit. The original owner ploughed with the truck and the frame has been welded at the box. Also the play and the noise in the steering suggests something more than a leaky gasket.
I have been talking to Mud_Guppie and I may send the box to him for a rebuild.

HFXcruiser

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom