BJ70 replacement rear quarters (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

pm sent.

Ya, it's a lot of money... but when you compare it with the other options it begins to sound like a good deal, especially since they should be nice quarter panels. That is assuming they can make it all the way in one piece! :hmm:

Has anyone tried getting the body panels from Venezuela?

Are you referring to
http://www.pacolonline.com/
70 series parts are listed, but no pictures yet.

If I recall correctly, the owner of this company is originally from Venezuela and imports his parts via his connections back in Venezuela.

FYI I have not purchased anything from him yet, but the company is based in Atlanta and friends that have seen (& used) the 40 series and 60 series parts speak well of the quality.

Hello,

I understand there is a company in Venezuela, that goes by the name of Biosek, that fabricates body panels. A Google search produced this:

Modelo FJ70

There is a contact e-mail but apparently no payment methods information. Perhaps a member from Venezuela who can help?

My two cents.

JuanJ

Quarter panel [EBI5040] - $0.00 : Extremebends.com | Landcruiser Toyota Parts and EBI 4x4 Accessories

We first looked at stamping costs 2 years ago. Since that date, the price of the dies and labour have nearly doubled.
I hope to have something figured out soon. This part needs to have the decent volume of sales to justify the set up costs.

The 70 series parts sales have not been that great in comparison with the costs to have parts on the shelf
we have fenders and door skins on the shelves right now.

Wayne's suggestion about the LJ71 is the best to date.
I have a stripped LJ71 here with rust free body parts and it's for sale. It was sold and shipped out several months ago but has since returned. The previous purchaser fell into some bad $$ problems and became a father during the same few month period. My customer is also selling a rusty 1985 BJ70 with new OME kit if anyone is interested. Contact me direct and I'll give you his contact info.

If you need sheet metal that is discontinued check this out.

Here is a Tacoma door skin (yes, it's available here but not there and it was cheaper to make than ship!).

The same can be done for whatever sheet metal you need.
taco1.jpg
taco2.jpg

Mud_Guppie, the company I work for has dies made on a regular basis. We haven't seen any increase in cost, but that doesn't mean it's cheap. Our small dies usually cost $800-1000. The owner here threw out that a quarter panel die might be $8000-10,000 (for each side). I don't know how accurate that is though???

I was wondering if I get these ones from Belgium if there might be other people who want some, so we could split the shipping costs. That's assuming the quarter panels can be sandwiched together nicely, and that shipping doesn't get too much more with each additional pair of quarter panels. Just a thought. I haven't decided whether I'm going to get them yet... but I'm very tempted. :steer:

If you need sheet metal that is discontinued check this out.

Here is a Tacoma door skin (yes, it's available here but not there and it was cheaper to make than ship!).

The same can be done for whatever sheet metal you need.

Who made these? Looks good! It must be common for a good body man to be able to make panels if required. The body guy I talked with said he can make the BJ70 quarter panels, but that I'd be better off buying something if they're available.

Who made these? Looks good! It must be common for a good body man to be able to make panels if required. The body guy I talked with said he can make the BJ70 quarter panels, but that I'd be better off buying something if they're available.

I don't think it's that common. It took the guy a couple of days to make this door skin. The other side was damaged so he just made a mirror image of the good side.

As I said, he can easily make any sheet metal needed.

The owner here threw out that a quarter panel die might be $8000-10,000 (for each side). I don't know how accurate that is though???

:steer:

he's pretty close, the original estimate given to me was close to $5000 (2 years ago). The most recent one is almost $10,000 ea now. Maybe the first estimate was a bit off. I would need to have more demand to drop $20,000 and then have inventory on top of it.

I don't think it's that common. It took the guy a couple of days to make this door skin. The other side was damaged so he just made a mirror image of the good side.

As I said, he can easily make any sheet metal needed.

I'll let you know

Just picked up a set of Quarter Panels from David and they are very nice.
Very good work. Definitely worth picking up if you need replacements.

MAx

I've been in touch with that place in Belgium. I got a quote of $653 EUR to ship to my location in Alberta for two quarter panels. The shipping alone is $300 EUR. Not too unreasonable.

70 Series steel body parts (my quote is on the big quarter panels):

Eurojapan Car & Parts - 4x4 Extrême

Translated to English:

Google Translate

Hello,
I now this compagny. It is indeed prisy , but i have baught mine at a store here in belgium for about €220 /piece. It was aftermarket and not original= less thick but reasenable quality.
I am restauring a compleet LJ body for repleacement of my BJ71 body with was once badly restaured and the price for re-doing this will be much higher... Its teaken us 80h for only the bodywork (welding and finisching, only use off polyesterfiller after using Thin for filling the welding connections..) and i still have tho paint the body and find me a canvas roof because there is a great sqaure hole in de rofe for about 1meter x1meter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom