BJ70 make offer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

AJAEbj42

Gathering Speed....
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.ajae.ca
Last edited:
not to be insulting but is this a 500 .00 ,1500.00 or 2500.00,vehicle.why was it in storage,because it needed a ton of work thenj .one of my kids is looking to get into 4x4s .could this be driven with work then finish as you drive type project.

Interested party

I live in the US. Has anyone seen this vehicle up close? I am considering traveling to BC to buy this. This photo was taken in 2001. Just before storage.

Last edited:
Contacted the owner

Well, thought I would contact the owner; here is his reply:

From Ernie:

Hey All. This is an email I sent out to respondents about 2 days ago. I’m packing for a quick business trip/conference and will be back Sunday. I’ll sort through stuff when I get back. In the meantime, here’s some information. I can say that I have had offers (sight unseen, mainly from the states) that are reasonable (at this point, they are stiff offers). I’m hoping to be available either this Sunday or next so that anyone can come and check it out. Let me know if you have more questions. Oh yeah, everyone wants to know about rust on the rear frame. Wouldn’t have a clue. I’m hopeless with mechanical stuff. BTW, I think I found a spare key.

Hi

Ok, sorry for lack of information. My son actually posted it. He wants me to get rid of it and somehow get a utility trailer out of this. (I now have a truck and camper).

This was my baby. Drove it for over 450K (had to replace the radiator twice) and I think the odometer stopped at 450. Original clutch, third or fourth set of tires. I loved this machine and was hoping to restore it one day but I drove it to my mother’s garage one day in 2001 and haven’t touched it since. I can’t bring myself just to get rid of it. Wouldn’t mind something for it.

I have attached a photo of the day I stopped driving it and put it in my mother’s garage (2001). Tire(s) flat, dusty, rusted a bit more and I don’t think I even bothered to drain the diesel. This machine was indestructible, bullet proof and the only aggravation it gave me was that it would occasionally jump out of 5th when I backed off the gas (as in accelerator). In fact, I can’t remember where the keys are. Batteries dead (24V system) anyways. Oh well.

I have to leave town this weekend and can maybe show it to anyone interested next weekend (Sunday?). I’m in no rush. Would like to see it go to a nice home, get restored and get a trailer (little utility trailer for the back of my truck/camper)with any proceeds.

Let me know if this still interests you. Anyone who gets it has to get it out of my mom’s garage. Not my problem!

Oh yeah. What work does it need? Well, I am the last guys to ask. I am not mechanical minded in the least. All I know is that I drove it into my mother’s garage and left it there. Sure, I get a lot of hassle from my mother as well.

Ernie

PS. I never let anything stand in the way of a big trout.
DSCF0002.jpg

Last edited:
I sent a PM to Jordy T (Gary's nephew). This could be a real nice starter cruiser for sure!

Last edited:
70s have BAD frame rust. what is his balpark?

Looks like someone is scaring away potential buyers so they can swoop in and pick up cruiser number 15!:hillbilly:

Sold to a fellow from Duncan. Ernie said he got more than what he was expecting which was nice to hear. He e-mailed me to thank me for putting it on MUD.

The new owner brought a couple of new batteries, fuel, some coolant, and fuel conditioner and air compressor.

Added the fluids; hooked up the new batteries and it fired right up. Filled up the tire, drove home to the island without incident.

Not bad for a truck that was sitting for 9 years. Ahh... land cruisers... unstoppable.

Hmmm, I wonder who is around Duncan.:D:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom