BJ44 in progress, speeding up now (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks Dan.

If it is an aftermarket generic product then I will try the locals aroud here first. If they don't have something close to the original then I will try to make another plan to get some from from Aussie :cheers:

the Australian company dancar got it from also ships internationally, as they told me... dan already got some for me by that time, so ordering directly wasn't necessary... this weatherstripping is great and a perfect fit... very hard to find.

Dan you should start a small business with this weatherstripping!!!
:)

about the rooftop weatherstripping, I got it from a hardware store here in the Netherlands... they wont ship abroad. sorry, but all you need to find is the weatherstripping they use on industrial doors where the door ends meet each other... heard that garage door weatherstripping also works..

Here in Japan people order the felt runs for a hi-ace van with sliding windows then cut it down to fit. It's supposedly the exact same stuff.

Pete

unfortunately the hi ace window felt was just as hard to find here in the netherlands.... dancars source works perfect and has no toyota pricetag on it... :D

Here in Japan people order the felt runs for a hi-ace van with sliding windows then cut it down to fit. It's supposedly the exact same stuff.

Pete

Thanks Pete ! That is awesome info cos around here those vans are used as Taxis ie National mode of transport :lol:

Last edited:
attachment.php

Folkert, did you actually install the window after first fitting the outside weatherstrip/rubber as shown in this picture or did you first glue the windo only, thereafter installed the pinchweld on the inside and lastly the outside rubber at the end ? :confused:

the correct order should be (assuming the window frame is removed from the hardtop , and the glass is removed from the frame):

a. install the felt run weatherstripping in the frame
b. install the glass in the frame
c. glue/kit the outside rubber on the frame
d. glue/kit the frame into the hardtop opening
e. finish by using a U-profile (with metal core) to connect the frame with the hardtop metal

you can see the procedure on my blog, starting with this post where you can see what weatherstripping i used:
Sliding window weatherstripping bj44

then how i installed the felt window run and glass:
Installing window weatherstripping bj44

and finally glueing the outer rubber on the frame, , then the frame into the hardtop, and finish with the U profile:
Install sliding windows bj44

good luck!!!:D

Thanks for the info, much appreciated! (as my outer rubbers were never glued to my frames) :cheers:

But I did find twinfelt glass runs and the exact pinchweld locally. Now for the front and rear door weather stripping ...

ok here's the last post regarding the sliding windows.
with the help of someone I managed to get them in.

So other than brute force, what was the magic trick to get the sliding glass back into the newly felted frames, please ? :doh:

So other than brute force, what was the magic trick to get the sliding glass back into the newly felted frames, please ? :doh:

are your window frames out? or still in the hardtop?
when already "glued" in the hardtop it will be a pain in the ass.
if you have them separated, position the glas in the middle if the frame (one side in the felt, other still out). here the frame will bend the most... so pull the frame a bit out and the other side of the window will slip in the felt as well... hope this will help...

if already glued in the hardtop panel, maybe a plastic tool might help prying the window in... cant say...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom