BJ42 Security system (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
what kind of anit theft device are you guys running on your 24V Diesel? I have thought about the club but seems useless, hacksaw through the steering wheel and it is off.. Is there some kind of kill switch I can put in or do I have to run a 24 to 12v converter and then buy a car system fir it? Any help would be appreciated..

PO on mine put a starter interrupt in it, with a tiny switch under the dash you hold when starting. I'm sure it's not foolproof, but at least it's something. I'm curious too because I'm interested in putting something more in, like an alarm.

B

I run a 12v car alarm with a starter kill in my BJ74. I am using a Solar Converter to provide 12v power...switchable between load balance and step down conversion, depending on what I need. I also use the Truck Club in mine all the time (hard habit to break after living in Whalley/Surrey for so long. :D)

I'm using an old Clifford that came with a turbo timer. The thing turns itself on after a minuite unless you leave the door open and is motion sensitive.

Kalawang

Kalawang...that Clifford alarm with a turbo timer sounds pretty cool. Don't think I've seen that option in the Clifford alarms available here. Is it an actual Clifford feature or an add-on? I'm using Marksman for now and have had pretty good luck with them so far.

Think I am just going to put in a flashing red LED on the dash. My kill switch will help, but if they really want it, they are going to get it.

Hi Guys,

Stone installed a Solar Converter and 12 volt fuse panel in my 24 volt BJ74. Then I had Beam Riders in Abbotsford install a Marksman alarm system w. engine imobilizer. They also hooked up my power door locks so I now have remote keyless entry.

I like the alarm system except for the constant accidental button pushing on the key fob remote. I think the buttons could have been recessed a bit more to prevent.

Regards,

Bruce

Hey red we live on the island man. no one steals cars here. i'm spending my money on beer. I guess in whalley my beer money would be alarm money.

ahhhhhhhhhh island life
land of the lucky lager
:beer:

I (Sheldon) installed a on/off switch which is connected to the fuel shut-off solenoid. I will kill the engine with the shut-off switch and then turn the key off. So, if you have the key or otherwise hot start it, it will not get fuel to run. Not totally fool proof/theft proof, but hopefully will work to foil someone.

Not a 42, but in my 60 i leave a copy of "Guns and Ammo" magazine on the passenger's seat. It's mainly a psychological deterent, but its working so far.

silvercrusher said:
Hey red we live on the island man. no one steals cars here. i'm spending my money on beer. I guess in whalley my beer money would be alarm money.

LOL... word. It is more likely that my boat would be nicked! The kill switch is for my visits to the lower mainland!! :grinpimp:

If I had all that money for beer I wouldn't be drinking Lucky Lager thats for sure, ewwww

This always seemed to me a good solution-

0110.jpg

that looks cool, where did you get that. Although a pair of bolt cutters would still do the trick, it definitaly would help

Hello
In reguards to anti theft of diesel cruiser. The only way is to install a shut off valve in between the tank and fuel pump. They might get away for a block or 2, and then it will die. Then you have to prime it, but you still got your cruiser.
This shut off valve can be manual, or electric with a hidden switch.
waaz

waaz said:
Hello
In reguards to anti theft of diesel cruiser. The only way is to install a shut off valve in between the tank and fuel pump. They might get away for a block or 2, and then it will die. Then you have to prime it, but you still got your cruiser.
This shut off valve can be manual, or electric with a hidden switch.
waaz

You are referring of course to Cdn spec diesel cruisers that have an EDIC, such as the BJ42 referred. The JDM DI diesels do not use an EDIC, so one can be creative in other ways; one of which can include a fuel line shut off valve. The IDI 1HZ uses a fuel solenoid, which opens the same possibilities...

Stones suggested install here: https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=45819 is sage advice...install an egg as well.

gb

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom