Wanted BJ42 LX / FJ40 LX board trim (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking for the rear panels of the LX version of the FJ40 and BJ42. The panels are those of the photos I found here in the forum. I am also grateful for a report on where to find them, the original or reproduced.

Pannelli posteriori.jpg
Pannelli posteriori.jpg
Pannelli.jpg

Thanks for the tip. I control (also) Ebay Australia often, but I have not noticed this listing. Do you remember the title?

Hi Cabrito, no luck for the original ones. I've known a fellow in a forum that owns the original panels and we are studying how to have them reproduced.
In the meantime, I found an OEM fabric factory capable of perfectly reproducing the zebra striped fabric of the LX. The only problem is the price: to have 10 meters of cloth, enough to make 2 complete interiors, they ask for 2,500 euros. For a perfect restoration, however, this is the only solution.
If I have news, I will update this td

Hi Cabrito, no luck for the original ones. I've known a fellow in a forum that owns the original panels and we are studying how to have them reproduced.
In the meantime, I found an OEM fabric factory capable of perfectly reproducing the zebra striped fabric of the LX. The only problem is the price: to have 10 meters of cloth, enough to make 2 complete interiors, they ask for 2,500 euros. For a perfect restoration, however, this is the only solution.
I was thinking about the exact same thing. I'm sure theres someone out there that can 3d print them or something. Good luck with the seats.

There is a set on Yahoo Japan Auctions. They don't ship outside Japan though, so you'll have to use a proxy service or find a Mud member in Japan to buy them through. Proxy services can get pretty expensive, so be prepared if you use one. I have no affiliation with this auction.

ランクル 40 LX 内装 内張り  売り切り - ヤフオク!

Looking at the auction appeares a number of pieces are missing. Covers as well small plugs and who knows what else. These are also make for non roll bar cruisers. These have a spot-welded bracket for the seat belts. Those brackets were used from 1/76 until the end of the 77 model in the North American market. Other markets had the bracket thru the end of production. Would be interested myself, just not sire about brown. To do it right the rest of the interior should match.door panels and seat frame would need to be painted. Not sure about seat belts and steering wheel. Have a nice late model steering wheel on black, LX models steering wheels were brown. Not sure how well a painted steering wheel would hold up. Not 100% sure if the padded dash was was brown or black on the LX models or if they had the lower dash pads? For all these reasons grey might be easier to deal with than brown. Not sure when it started but there is a nice vinyl trim piece the covers the cap to hard top sides, rear header. Got one these pieces from a 84 HJ47RV. Sure the LX model had. Maybe even the later US FJ40s had them. My newest hard top is from a 77. Plan on using this on my 79. It has the seat belt brackets and the upper fixed nut which was on the 73 and later hard top models.

Please email me fj40guru@gmail.com
Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom