BJ40 stuck in over inject (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I only have a tiny brain and I can’t seem to fix my Bj40 2B from being stuck in overinject, please can someone tell me what I am missing. It will go to the stop position but when you start it goes to overinject and stays there, never seems to go to the middle run position.
My wiring is pretty crusty so put a deutsch connector on hoping it would fix it but it didn’t, any ideas?
IMG_2637.jpeg

Ground issues can have a huge affect on the EDIC system.

Check that.

You might be able to ground the EDIC controller though body IIRC, then you can ground to the frame of the vehicle.

That’s how I diagnosed a EDIC ground issue.

Ground issues can have a huge affect on the EDIC system.

Check that.

You might be able to ground the EDIC controller though body IIRC, then you can ground to the frame of the vehicle.

That’s how I diagnosed a EDIC ground issue.
Thank Gimme a 60

Stupid questions what’a the IIRC ?

Hi Giles,

I had exactly the same issue with my 1979 BJ40. I'm not sure if you can get to my thread with the link below but you should be able to find it through my signature if not.

The EDIC system is essentially the edic motor and the edit control relay. I went through the system as you can read in my thread with the help of the forum guys. I feel that electrical connections and there robustness and cleanliness are super important for the system to function correctly, up to and including the ignition switch.

Good luck in your trouble shooting....

Hi Giles,

I had exactly the same issue with my 1979 BJ40. I'm not sure if you can get to my thread with the link below but you should be able to find it through my signature if not.

The EDIC system is essentially the edic motor and the edit control relay. I went through the system as you can read in my thread with the help of the forum guys. I feel that electrical connections and there robustness and cleanliness are super important for the system to function correctly, up to and including the ignition switch.

Good luck in your trouble shooting....

Hi Neilo, thanks, yes I did read you post it was really helpful, I copied you and I swapped the connectors. But it didn’t work, I think my wiring is still shot somewhere or the control relay is toast.

The EDIC relay is quite easy to pull apart for inspection as well Giles. Basically, once removed from the under glovebox location, you can bend back the tabs and remove the cover allowing access to the contacts and pcb for cleaning and checking.

Mr Landcruiser here in oz often have to pull apart and repair these controllers from EDIC vehicles. I think they have a YT video showing what they do.

The EDIC relay is quite easy to pull apart for inspection as well Giles. Basically, once removed from the under glovebox location, you can bend back the tabs and remove the cover allowing access to the contacts and pcb for cleaning and checking.

Mr Landcruiser here in oz often have to pull apart and repair these controllers from EDIC vehicles. I think they have a YT video showing what they do.
I did see the Mr Landcruiser video and as it happens there is a Czech guy on eBay who sells new boards that fit in the old box for £100. It might help but my wiring is so bad I really need a rhd harness from sonewhere.

If only you knew an old TV repairman.
Used an old fellow to repair the board on a1985 BJ70. He did it for free...mind you I did buy him coffee.

IMG_2685.jpeg
IMG_2684.jpeg
So just an update if it helps anyone, plugged my new relay from the eBay Czech guy Jan (big thanks buddy) and my BJ40 fired straight up in run No Black Smoke!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom