BJ40 Restored from Italy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Dear Mudders,
after a long year of a frame off restoration (and some mods...) I would like to thank all the forumers as I've found thousands of answers, suggestions, ideas and information that was absolutely useful to achieve my result.

It's my pleasure to share with you some pictures.
The baby is a late 79 BJ40 with 660k Km, and it was literally eaten by rust on the tub, so I went through a total restoration, now there is no rust anywhere, as every nut and bolt had been cleaned, painted or replaced.
I've started as I've found a 1/2 tub brand new that was perfectly fitting my one... and I've arrived to sandblast the frame and, you know, all the rest like open the harness and clean each contact, everything...

In the journey I've added a turbo, new side exhaust, front and rear disc, new front seats and covers for bench, fb half doors, shock absorbers, bla bla..
Engine was just cleaned (was very dirty) and painted, I just took pump (that was never opened before) and nozzles and nozzles to be restored. Stop.

Here the baby as it is now, so again, thanks Mudders for your great support!

All the best.
Emanuele

403A240D-DA1A-42A6-A710-30E22EE7C5D8_1_201_a.jpeg

IMG_4302.jpg

IMG_4314.jpg

IMG_4321.jpg

IMG_4306.jpg

WOW! Absolutely awesome work! Is that B engine hooked up to a turbo? What kind of turbo are you using?

Best regards,

Carlo

Ciao Jollopy, thanks for your kind words.
Yep, it's a B engine (3000c).

After long long quest I found an LJ exhaust manifold from an US supplier and a CT26 -> T25 flange.
The turbo is a T25 with A/R comp .42 and A/R Exh .49 with pressure 0.6 bar.
Turbo revs low, that was what I was searching for, as I won't need to go at 120 Km/h, but I wanted to have that push on 3rd / 4th gear to cruise more easily on the road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom