Binding hood...looking for suggestions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

wdukes

SILVER Star
Threads
I just replaced my hood. the previous hood was cracked in the usual place. It was also binding at the windshield apron. I figured replacing the hood would solve that problem...nope. The hinges dont appear bent and I am looking for adjustment suggestions before I resort to bending the hinge angle.

Thanks,
Dukes

hinge.jpg

hoodbind.jpg

garage.jpg

Loosen the hood-to-hinge bolts and move the hood toward the front of the vehicle slightly. If its binding on the apron that's the only adjustment to make. If there's no more adjustment on the hood, you may have to loosen the hinge where it meets the body and move them forward. It doesn't take much movement to give it some room to prevent the binding.

Once that's done you might have to re-adjust the hood latch.

Loosen the hood-to-hinge bolts and move the hood toward the front of the vehicle slightly. If its binding on the apron that's the only adjustment to make. If there's no more adjustment on the hood, you may have to loosen the hinge where it meets the body and move them forward. It doesn't take much movement to give it some room to prevent the binding.

Once that's done you might have to re-adjust the hood latch.
Thats the plan. I moved it myself, but probably need someone on the other side to get more out of it. Thanks NikP. Enjoy the spring...light snow up here in Wy last night.

I just replaced my hood. the previous hood was cracked in the usual place. It was also binding at the windshield apron. I figured replacing the hood would solve that problem...nope. The hinges dont appear bent and I am looking for adjustment suggestions before I resort to bending the hinge angle.

Thanks,
Dukes

View attachment 2976714

View attachment 2976715

View attachment 2976716
What do you mean when you say "cracked in the usual place"? Are we talking a 2F hood?

What do you mean when you say "cracked in the usual place"? Are we talking a 2F hood?
Center of hood, where virtually half of all landcruiser hoods fly up and smack the roof.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom