Bilstein 6112/5160 Installed (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I ordered and received this suspension set up. I'm replacing my 2722s with the heavier 2723s and plan to install them with the bilstein remote reservoir rear shocks. I'll probably install the rears first so I can gauge which perch to put the fronts on. I'm guessing it will be the 5th or 6th. Has anyone else used the 6th perch? If so what is your hub to fender measurement?

I just installed the rear icon progressive springs. I cannot comment on how they are compared to the bilsteins....yet.

No change in ride height, and included spacer was not needed

I'm curious to see whether the rear of your truck sags when you load it up. Can you take measurements next time you do so?

I ordered and received this suspension set up. I'm replacing my 2722s with the heavier 2723s and plan to install them with the bilstein remote reservoir rear shocks. I'll probably install the rears first so I can gauge which perch to put the fronts on. I'm guessing it will be the 5th or 6th. Has anyone else used the 6th perch? If so what is your hub to fender measurement?
Where did you order it from. I’m looking to get a set?

edit. nvm

Last edited:
The AJUSA website does show the price and that they're in stock. $1,360 for everything as a kit, including rear springs. $1,250 without rear springs.

With rear springs:

Without rear springs:

Those are actually the same prices as when I ordered mine back in December. It was free shipping and no tax when I ordered (I assume no tax because it was an out-of-state order). It took a something like 2 - 3 weeks before everything arrived at my house. Each set of components within the kit shipped from different places.
Ordered a set. Thanks

Just placed my order, thank you all for the feedback. This is for my girlfriend's white 2015 LC, that I may drive on occasion..:). She wanted it to look cool but not be lifted too high. I think she said something about no lift at all but I can't remember now. I ordered the kit without rear springs, most likely run it on the second clip position. Just ordered the Method 316 Gloss Titanium wheels (+18) and will run the Falken Wildpeak A/T3W - 275/70R18 (33.4 x 11) tires. Throw some Timbrens on it and call it a day. Should be a fun daily driver / desert machine.

Last edited:
Just placed my order, thank you all for the feedback. This is for my girlfriend's white 2015 LC, that I may drive on occasion..:). She wanted it to look cool but not be lifted too high. I think she said something about no lift at all but I can't remember now. I order the kit without rear springs, most likely run it on the second clip position. Just ordered the Method 316 Gloss Titanium wheels (+18) and will run the Falken Wildpeak A/T3W - 275/70R18 (33.4 x 11) tires. Throw some Timbrens on it and call it a day. Should be a fun daily driver / desert machine.
I think you'll be really happy with that setup. At the second perch and OEM rear springs, the truck should level out nicely.

I placed an order with AJUSA for the complete set-up, said it should be in mid May. SPC's already in the garage. Trying to decide on wheel/tire combo. I like the stock wheels & Black TRD Pro wheels, but also Method 308's if I go aftermarket. For me, black vehicle is hard to decide if I want black/black......or the contrast of stock silver wheels.

I'm down to 3 choices of tire sizes from my forum searches -
275/70r18 = 33.2 tall - 10.8 wide
285/70r18 = 33.7 tall - 11.2 wide (only avail in M/T)
305/65r18 = 33.6 tall - 12 wide

Thanks for all the info on the lift, I've put Bilsteins on all my Toyota's, never needed anything more.

Last edited:
What upper control arm is everyone running?
SPC. They re-designed the ball joint and bushings. From what I was told by a SPC rep, KEEP the receipt and they'll what they can do to make it right (as long as you're not "that" guy jumping sand dunes at 70mph).

Plus, it'll give you the option to add bigger tires down the road.

Pulled the trigger on a set of total chaos upper control arms. Excited to see the range of camber / wheel travel on the bilstein setup. My setup so far :

Bilstein front and rear shocks
Icon progressive springs in the rear
285/75R17 yokohama geolandar g003s
Icon wheels with +25 offset

I'm considering an adjustable lateral rod to get my thrust angle to a perfect 0, but since I'm running muddies I don't think .01 of thrust angle will matter.

I placed an order with AJUSA for the complete set-up, said it should be in mid May. SPC's already in the garage. Trying to decide on wheel/tire combo. I like the stock wheels & Black TRD Pro wheels, but also Method 308's if I go aftermarket. For me, black vehicle is hard to decide if I want black/black......or the contrast of stock silver wheels.

I'm down to 3 choices of tire sizes from my forum searches -
275/70r18 = 33.2 tall - 10.8 wide
285/70r18 = 33.7 tall - 11.2 wide (only avail in M/T)
305/65r18 = 33.6 tall - 12 wide

Thanks for all the info on the lift, I've put Bilsteins on all my Toyota's, never needed anything more.

I'm partial to full fat tires. 305/65R18s have been proven to fit and look great if you're inclined to go for a more aggressive fitment. Get the right offset and some minimal plastic trimming and it can work great.

I'm partial to full fat tires. 305/65R18s have been proven to fit and look great if you're inclined to go for a more aggressive fitment. Get the right offset and some minimal plastic trimming and it can work great.

Thanks for linking that thread!
That looks like the right ratio of lift/wheel/tire - love it.

I'm considering an adjustable lateral rod to get my thrust angle to a perfect 0, but since I'm running muddies I don't think .01 of thrust angle will matter.

Sorry to muddy up the Bilstein thread with a general question, but as far as these adjustable pan-hard rods (to re-center the rear axle after lift) - has anybody tried using, say, a 1" wheel spacer on one side and a 1.25" wheel spacer on the other side?

I realize this is probably a no-no for some reason (besides general anti-wheel-spacer sentiment), but I would love for some of our knowledgeable posters to explain why this is a bad idea OR if it accomplishes something similar to the adjustable pan-hard and is A-ok...

Thanks!

Excellent post and pics - very helpful. Thank you.

Is there any downside to the tire size you are running with this suspension? e.g. gearing, cruise control, transmission kick down/up, etc.?
Thank you,
There is rubbing at full lock in reverse. There is about a 1-2 MPG hit, which I suspect is more a result of the weight of the tires, rather than the size. I mention this because I am running load range E tires that are quite heavy. But, no issues with the cruise control, transmission, etc. even when towing my 5000 lb travel trailer -- I can easily do 65-70 Cajon Pass with 5 passengers and gear towing the trailer with the LC sucking down gas like no tomorrow. I don't feel the re-gearing is necessary, although I might get some gas mileage back. That said, I will likely switch to lighter forged rims first to see if the weight savings results in a little better mileage.

Sorry to muddy up the Bilstein thread with a general question, but as far as these adjustable pan-hard rods (to re-center the rear axle after lift) - has anybody tried using, say, a 1" wheel spacer on one side and a 1.25" wheel spacer on the other side?

I realize this is probably a no-no for some reason (besides general anti-wheel-spacer sentiment), but I would love for some of our knowledgeable posters to explain why this is a bad idea OR if it accomplishes something similar to the adjustable pan-hard and is A-ok...

Thanks!

It's an interesting idea, and maybe I can help answer why. It might be hard to picture, so I'll try my best with the notional picture below.

The adjustable panhard isn't just about centering the tires, but moreso to center the axle. Reason being when the axle is displaced to one side, the trailing arms are not even (gray arms at an angle that locate the axle front to rear). One is at a steeper angle relative to the other. Which means that one side of the axle is pulled further forward than the other. This creates a thrust angle that is no longer square with the car.

Re-centering the axle can reduce pull on even roads. But it won't necessarily improve toe steer when the suspension cycles due to the steeper panhard bar angle.

1619226948936.png

I'm going to install OME 2723s with the Bilstein shocks today. I'll let that settle in and then get a better idea of which perch to put the fronts on. It's likely going to be the 5th or 6th.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom