Biggest Tires on stock 2nd gen Sequoia? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

New member here to resurrect a dead thread 😆

A month since last post is only a flesh wound here. Not that much traffic in this section, but its getting steadily busier. Keep it coming!

A month since last post is only a flesh wound here. Not that much traffic in this section, but its getting steadily busier. Keep it coming!
I know...I also feel like we need to get the picture thread and "what did you do..." thread stickied to the top of the forum like the others are. I wish more people were active over here, but I understand this forum is mainly for the Land Cruisers haha.

Mud is definitely Land Cruiser driven, and I’ve owned a ton of them myself, but like many here I’ve now got other Toyotas too. Most of the Tundra specif forums I’ve been on aren’t as friendly as this place.

See my sigature. My wife dailys a 2nd gen w 33x11.5 mickey thompson no lift. Tires are mounted on the stock sr5 wheels.

See my sigature. My wife dailys a 2nd gen w 33x11.5 mickey thompson no lift. Tires are mounted on the stock sr5 wheel

Thanks @surfishjoe. I’ve seen it done on limiteds and sr5s but I read somewhere that the adjustable air bagged rear suspension on the platinum could potentially make it incompatible. 🤷‍♂️ haven’t been able to find anything else about it other than 1 obscure thread.

I’m running 275/65r20 duratracs on a 2010 Limited. I put them on a few days before installing a Dobinsons 1.75 ims kit with no rubbing whatsoever. They measure 34.1” and their on stock wheel.

Mud is definitely Land Cruiser driven, and I’ve owned a ton of them myself, but like many here I’ve now got other Toyotas too. Most of the Tundra specif forums I’ve been on aren’t as friendly as this place.

I think ih8mud is a forum for people who actually take their trucks off road... a lot of the other Tundra forums are for people that run 33" tires on 30" rims.... that also stick out 5 sinches from the side of the vehicle....

I think ih8mud is a forum for people who actually take their trucks off road... a lot of the other Tundra forums are for people that run 33" tires on 30" rims.... that also stick out 5 sinches from the side of the vehicle....

My 35s poke an inch or so, but only because the jackass that sold me the wheel/tire combo said “they only stick out maybe 1/2” on my Tundra. I hate dishonest people. But my truck sees dirt daily here on the dry side. When I lived by Blaine, it was harder to get off pavement.

I think a better question is what’s the largest size tire that will fit as a spare 😅 I put a custom cage and rear bumper with tire swingout on my 80. I don’t want to have to go through it again on my Sequoia :D

Sitting on the fence about putting a bigger tire than stock without any lift or mods OR, go 35” with whatever mods are needed. Choices choices …. 😅
If I could I would put the dobinson 1.5" lift and keep the 33x11.5 size I dont plan on wheeling this rig but it sees camping trips to Hatteras and those tires aired down worked great on the sand.

If I could I would put the dobinson 1.5" lift and keep the 33x11.5 size I dont plan on wheeling this rig but it sees camping trips to Hatteras and those tires aired down worked great on the sand.
I like the idea. I think 33” are plenty for most overlanding trips which is what I plan with this rig. I thought people were putting 33” on these with no lift?

I like the idea. I think 33” are plenty for most overlanding trips which is what I plan with this rig. I thought people were putting 33” on these with no lift?
Yes they clear with no lift stock sr5 wheels.

I think Land Cruisers are what draw off-roaders to the Toyota family. The 100-series had been on my “to own” list for a long time and finally got one ten years ago. Then I got an FJZ80. After a few off-road and overlanding trips and having owned other Toyotas (a 3rd gen 4runner and a ‘85 pickup) plus other projects, I learned a lot about components and drivetrain.

Based on all that, decided to get a 2nd gen Sequoia because it is roomier which is important for us family of four plus a big dog, it seems to be beefier than the LC200, drives much nicer on pavement with all around IFS and part-time 4wd and has plenty of room to mod/grow. The 200-series is surely more capable off-road but I don’t need that all the time and the Sequoia is sufficient for what I need. Extremely satisfied with my purchase so far and I am keeping the 80 till it falls apart 🤣

I think people are slow to catch on to Toyota trucks’ capabilities. For example, the current 4runner has been in production since 2008? Somewhere in the middle of 2010s, I think people finally caught on to it. Same with the GX460/470. And the 3rd gen 4runner did not get its almost legendary status until they stopped making it.

Just put 275/70/18 on yesterday, no lift no rub

355438298_1669993420141924_7475778417395127120_n.jpg

355472965_1669993946808538_5565239414782351166_n.jpg

Why'd you decide on LTs?
I tow a travel trailer often. It rode terribly on the factory tires and the amount of compression they showed when under load was less than ideal. The Coopers are one of the lightest load range E out of what I was looking for. Haven't ran extended time yet on them but haven't noticed a drop in MPG although the butt dyno does feel a tad more sluggish but I did go up in size over stock.

New to the forum with a new to me 2015 Sequoia Platinum. Haven't had enough time with the truck figure out if there was more then just the Revtek lift up front and aftermarket wheels. 285/65R20

PXL_20230720_191350093.MP.jpg

PXL_20230723_002824577.MP.jpg

I picked up 18" Tundra TRD wheels off Craigslist for $200 and went with 275/70-18 (33") Wildpeak's. If I had a lift I would have gone bigger. I think 275/65-20 (34") should work.

View attachment 2284481
Hello Mad Matt...I also have a 2016 Sequoia and I'm thinking about up sizing my tires to 275/70 R18 s on the stock suspension. Still happy with your set up? No rubbing? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom