Biggest Tires on stock 2nd gen Sequoia? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking to get new shoes shortly for my 2014 Sequoia 4x4. Wondering what is the max tire size i can fit without any rubbing? The Sequoia is mostly street driven, but it is the tow rig for my 1st gen 4runner and there have been times where a bigger tire and rock sliders would have been handy while towing the 4unner to a trail.

I was hoping to fit 33x11.5's any real world experience would be much appreciated. Specifically, will they rub at full lock on control arms and also if bump stops need to be adjusted during full compression.

Just a sidenote - may want to really bring a tape measure wherever you get tires.

BFG KM3’s are running really small actual size vs size claimed on sidewalls.

So you might want to pick the exact tire brand & model you want to run, then get into the sizing.

Discount tire is taking back mine & we have 37/13.5’s - ordered for my Tundra, and even those I’ll be surprised if they run a true 36”.

So shoutout to them, they stand by their promise.

Also, might want to wait for the next big holiday sale - I’m getting 10% of purchase & an additional $100 back both in those Visa gift cards - some $275 will be my $$ saved.

If you can wait until then.

Thanks for the general tips, I'm not in a hurry, still have at least 5-10k left on my tires. I'm hoping that someone chimes in with tire sizes and brands they have been able to fit.

It seems shady you cant trust the manufacturer to put the right size on the sidewall. Ill make sure i bring a tape measure.

Yeah, you can’t trust Tirerack’s specs - they just use manufacturers data.

My 325/60r20’s were supposed to be 35.4” - they are really 34-3/8” :rolleyes:

You might mention what size wheel you want to use - the RW wheels are too skinny to mount 37/12.5r17. I’ve got some 20x9’s on it that came with my Tundra.

I’ve seen 33’s on stock.
35’s on lift leveled / 2.5” lift

I’m reworking a 6” lift with Icon coilovers & upper arms. I can fit 37’s with room to spare.

HTH

Have 275/75-18 Falken Wildpeak A/T3W's on Tundra TRD rims. They measure a bit over 33-inches. Stock suspension, no rubbing and they have done really well offroad. We did lose about 2mpg over the stock wheels. Once it's lifted I would go the 285/75-18 route. Not sure you could get a 35-inch spare tire, inflated, under the back of the vehicle, it's getting pretty tight with my 33.

Have 275/75-18 Falken Wildpeak A/T3W's on Tundra TRD rims. They measure a bit over 33-inches. Stock suspension, no rubbing and they have done really well offroad. We did lose about 2mpg over the stock wheels. Once it's lifted I would go the 285/75-18 route. Not sure you could get a 35-inch spare tire, inflated, under the back of the vehicle, it's getting pretty tight with my 33.

I'm curious if you did speedometer calibration with the larger tires? changes in tire size affect the readings on the speedometer as well as the miles traveled on the odometer.

I think usually what is lost is the "umph", because the leverage point changes on the axle and increases the load on rotational force.

I'm curious if you did speedometer calibration with the larger tires? changes in tire size affect the readings on the speedometer as well as the miles traveled on the odometer.

I think usually what is lost is the "umph", because the leverage point changes on the axle and increases the load on rotational force.

We cannot feel any difference in the power with the larger tires, but we definitely lost a few MPG and there is considerably more tire noise at highway speeds. I haven't bothered calibrating the speedometer, and the fact that my mileage is growing 3% slower than actuality is an added bonus :grinpimp:

Anyone running a 35" spare in the stock location? I'm hoping to pick up a 2nd gen for my wife soon and hoping to re-purpose some 35" tires that I already have on hand....

Anyone running a 35" spare in the stock location? I'm hoping to pick up a 2nd gen for my wife soon and hoping to re-purpose some 35" tires that I already have on hand....
i tried, doesn't fit, which is why i bought the Wilco Tiregate hitch, and i love it! i'm running 35x12.5 r18. it's very nice knowing i have a full size spare if needed

I'm less than enthusiastic about occupying the hitch with a spare carrier since I'll be towing periodically. From what I've read online, nobody makes a rear bumper with a swingout tire carrier for the 2nd gen Sequoia. Is that still the case?

I'm less than enthusiastic about occupying the hitch with a spare carrier since I'll be towing periodically. From what I've read online, nobody makes a rear bumper with a swingout tire carrier for the 2nd gen Sequoia. Is that still the case?

I feel like i saw a sequoia rear bumper with swingout browsing some of the fabricators sites. Could have been a one off build. Supposedly expedition one is working on a sequoia rear bumper from what I gather.

The Wilco is tow rated and has a receiver you don't have to remove it to tow

I've decided I don't want deal with all the problem solving that's required to run 35s since this will be my wife's daily driver, so I'm looking at 295/70/17s on Rock Warriors just to get a little more height than 285s will have.

The RWs have some nearly worn out 285/70/17s on them now and based on that fitment I think the 295s will fit fine.

I did find an unexpected issue with the Rock Warrior fitment not related to tire size at all. When I was trying to remove the RWs, they were really stuck and I had to use a mallet to drive them off the hub. It seems this little lip sticks out just enough for the RWs to get hung on it and the factory Sequoia wheels have a little more of a bevel to accommodate this lip. Maybe this is something slightly different on the later 2nd gen Sequoia (mine is a 2018) since I've not read about anyone having fitment issues before...

I'm going to try a belt sander to open the bevel a little more and see if that solves the hub clearance issue.

20200304_181233.jpg

20200304_181221.jpg

20200304_180747.jpg

20200304_180743.jpg

Looking to get new shoes shortly for my 2014 Sequoia 4x4. Wondering what is the max tire size i can fit without any rubbing? The Sequoia is mostly street driven, but it is the tow rig for my 1st gen 4runner and there have been times where a bigger tire and rock sliders would have been handy while towing the 4unner to a trail.

I was hoping to fit 33x11.5's any real world experience would be much appreciated. Specifically, will they rub at full lock on control arms and also if bump stops need to be adjusted during full compression.
I run 33/12.50/20 toyo open country on the stock 20x9 wheel and have no rubbing whatsoever. I was looking to get some new wheels with a slightly aggressive stance but that may cause some rubbing. I don’t want to have to put a lift but may eventually to run 35s.

Trying to find a good tire size. I'm looking at General grabbers at a 33" -34" size. I'm also looking at 2 .5" lift as well. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Trying to find a good tire size. I'm looking at General grabbers at a 33" -34" size. I'm also looking at 2 .5" lift as well. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

What size wheels are you planning on running?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom