Biggest Tire Size with No Lift - PLEASE HELP (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well, if the info isn't widely accepted as being true, it's not added to the FAQ. You can pretty much count on that.

You can run 285/75s with no lift. Crank the t-bars a little in the front and you can fit 295s, or so I've been told.

Yeah found some more info and it looks like 285 will fit just fine. Thanks

well, you might be able to fit some 37s under there with no lift and some fender cutting, lol.

285s will fit just fine w/o any mods. that's what i run and have no rubbing even when turning at full stuff.

285/75/16 fit great! if you want a little extra clearance for cheap, check out some 30mm coil spacers from Slee or Man-a-fre and crank the torsion bars.

rk, like the others said you'll be fine. I'm on 295/70R18's and I'm 'virtually' rub free. I get a tiny rub on the back of the well when cornering. Once the lift is complete that should go away, if not it's about 1" of plastic fender well to trim. I hear it rub maybe once a week.

i just fit 325/60/18 nittos on my stock 99 lx470, the only thing i had to do was trim the mud flaps in the front about an inch. Just in case that helps

with 285 or 295 are you guys wheeling? It seams that if you got off road you would get all kinds of rubbing. Granted I am new to the cruiser (bought a 99 two months ago, first LC) but can you shed some light on the off-road capability with the larger tires?

Thanks,

Duhfender

no rubbing on my 285/75/16 on or off road at all, on my lx

I havnt taken mine off roading with the larger tires yet, i expect a little bit of rubbing until i get a OME lift, that said round here there isnt as much crazy stuff as alot of guys on here

I just put 295's on mine yesterday. Cranked the T-bars and put in 30mm coil spring spacers plus 10mm trim packets. They would have fit without the rear spacers though.

That is amazing that they don't rub. This car is getting cooler my the minute!!

The rears aren't the problem for me, it's the front. Pic is with factory springs and with the right front up a steep bank.

IMG_2196.jpg

For what it is worth, I get zero rubbing with 285/75r16 BFG ATs at full suspension compression, even while turning.

Here are a few shots of my 100 on 295's the day before going out to Death Valley. I have my front stock Torsion Bars maxed out and 30mm spacers with 10mm trim packers in the rear. The tires fit perfectly, almost as if they were made for the truck.

photo.JPG
PG2_8508.jpg
DSC_0258.jpg

The tires stuffed pretty nicely without any rubbing. This last photo is with 3 guys, 3 full sets of camera gear, clothing, two coolers with food, beer and ice, 12 gallons of water, 10 extra gallons of gas and 6 days of firewood. It sits super low in the back but still didn't have any problems. Next on the to-do list are 866 springs, OME T-bars and Diff drop. Fortunately I don't run this loaded all the time.

PG3_7662.jpg

Here is a stock vs lifted+tires comparison. All Stock (except for the spacers) and completely unloaded, 3rd row seats taken out.

stock.jpg

lifted.jpg

Hope the photos help.

Last edited:
On a side note, what does the increase in size do to the power? I also want to increase my tire size, but don't want to ruin acceleration, gas mileage, or braking. I increased the tire size on a 4Runner I once owned, and could barely stop the thing.

On a side note, what does the increase in size do to the power? I also want to increase my tire size, but don't want to ruin acceleration, gas mileage, or braking. I increased the tire size on a 4Runner I once owned, and could barely stop the thing.
depending on the size you get it will effect all of what you mentioned you don't want to effect above.

you could regear if you don't want power loss, get bigger/better rotors if you want stopping power

you will lose something, it's either going to be performance or money

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom