biggest tire size on Fj80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently went with new Yokahama Geolandar M/T G003, 315/75/R16 with no lift
If you decide to go with the 315 (34.6") tire size, it will fit fine, but there will be some rubbing when going over bumps and will not be "off-road" ready without a lift. You may have to look into 2"-3" lift kits and you will need a new gear ratio 4.88. This keeps the car from being sluggish and draining your fuel so much. Here is a picture of 315s on the fj80 stock suspension, and what the cruiser looks like right now:
IMG_2350.jpg

I will be looking at getting a 2.5” OME lift kit but not sure wether to get the heavy or medium option. Also not sure wether I would need extended bump stops for off-roading so I don’t get any rubbing going over terrain.

Last edited:
Welcome to the addiction...
White, lookin Good.
You will need to lower rear bumps 1.25" & front 1.5".
1.25" wheel spacers needed to prevent inside rear frame rub.
As for lift stay 3" or under to prevent extra costs to correct driveline, panhard & control arm angles.

Last edited:
Welcome to the addiction...
White, lookin Good.
You will need lower rear bumps 1.25" & front 1.5".
1.25" wheel spacers needed to prevent inside rear frame rub.
As for lift stay 3" or under to prevent extra costs to correct driveline, panhard & control arm angles.

Will I get more rubbing if I decide to do the spacers first? Also, what is a good brand or website to get the bump stops at? I’ve found a few but not sure if they’ll fit.

Last edited:
Hitit66 sells nice aluminum bump stops.
Do bump stops 1st before spacer cuz you might drive 315s to much in fender & catch the outer front lip in rear if you space tires out before lowering the bumps. It could chunk a tire. My 315s were wide tires though...
Here is my journey My build thread
20150205_122730.jpg

Here's a pic of what caused it.

20150205_122747.jpg

Last edited:
Hitit66 sells nice aluminum bump stops.
Do bump stops 1st before spacer cuz you might drive 315s to much in fender & catch the outer front lip in rear if you space tires out before lowering the bumps. It could chunk a tire. My 315s were wide tires though...
Here is my journey My build thread
20150205_122730.jpg

Here's a pic of what caused it.

20150205_122747.jpg
So I guess in the order it would be
1. bump stops (1.25 in rear and 1.5" in front)
2. lift (2.5" heavy OME)
3. spacers (1.5")
and then I might go into sway bar disconnects but I saw on your build that you used the extended bracket instead of disconnects. What are the differences/ which one would be better to go with?

Your plan is solid.
As for suspension lift I am a lover of the dual rate coils. Dobinson, Slinky, ToughDog, & TourFlex have great kits to choose from.
Kind of boils down to your color preference... :hmm: Silver, Teal, Red, or Yellow.
As for Swaybar disco... @ LandCruiserPhil has a nice quality set up.
My build is on a poorboy budget so I do things kind of geto. My Sway disco works cuz its lowered 3" & can be pushed backward farther to hook up to the frame like it does.

Another great suspension mod that does wonders is replacing all the rubber control arm bushings with new stock ones... it greatly improves handling & ride quality.

Last edited:
I'm still very confused about the sway bar. I understand the front disconnects but I don't know about the rear sway bar. Does it really matter if I go with an extended sway bar link or a drop bracket?
Also can't find the front 1.5" bump stop spacer anywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom