Big Bend in Late January or Early Feb (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

yup, it was running between 25 and 30 psi most of the way, but could easily hit 45 psi of boost when overtaking someone. I bet you didn't know Big Red was a sports car at heart :)

yup, it was running between 25 and 30 psi most of the way, but could easily hit 45 psi of boost when overtaking someone. I bet you didn't know Big Red was a sports car at heart :)

Nice! But I bet that even if it still had the 3FE you would find a way to push the envelope!

Loved this week and already looking forward to another one. Here are some pics I took:

Tres Papalotes
913E369E-4165-4DDA-AA37-B2AE40CFD996.jpeg

Manos Arriba:
0ACFDDCD-59D0-4109-8E78-E8D9A1984C13.jpeg

Entrance to magnesium mine
F04661F2-294E-401C-A51C-85D728D81B2F.jpeg

Bluebonnet in Fresno
B83B22C2-39B5-4BC3-8FF0-3357E4EE1AAE.jpeg

A153D8B5-D76D-4390-A79B-0063C218B3BA.jpeg

Man I'm so glad we decided to leave yesterday instead of staying one more night.
IMG-20210214-WA0039.jpg

I didn't know negative 9 was possible in Texas.

Great pics!
This is on our plans for next month, we will have my wife’s elderly parents and stay in local town and then drive out daily and sight see.
From listening and reading, the state pro looks better for just chilling out and back roading.
and thoughts with folks just wanting to sightsee and look.
We will be in 2018 TRD 4runner, winch, skids.

thoughts??

Great pics!
This is on our plans for next month, we will have my wife’s elderly parents and stay in local town and then drive out daily and sight see.
From listening and reading, the state pro looks better for just chilling out and back roading.

thoughts??
Decide how comfortable you are with pin stripes. Even the maintained roads will scratch up your rig..

Decide how comfortable you are with pin stripes. Even the maintained roads will scratch up your rig..
Great pics!

thoughts??
I like the State Park better for just chilling. Spectacular scenery, and quite remote. Any of the roads that are not the main park roads (which are all gravel) will be challenging, and will scratch up your rig for sure.

All main roads in the National Park are paved, it is far more crowded (both with day s visitors and overnighters). Of you can book a night or two in the Chisos Basin, it is worth the stay. Hike to the Window or do the Rim Trail.

I like the State Park better for just chilling. Spectacular scenery, and quite remote. Any of the roads that are not the main park roads (which are all gravel) will be challenging, and will scratch up your rig for sure.

All main roads in the National Park are paved, it is far more crowded (both with day s visitors and overnighters). Of you can book a night or two in the Chisos Basin, it is worth the stay. Hike to the Window or do the Rim Trail.
Many thanks. So pin strips in state park, national park more paving! Got it! Thanks

I’m kinda late to this tread, I’ve been buisy helping around plus getting things situated,but I had a great time out there to, it was an intense drive back but I made it back in one piece. Here’s a picture of some foot prints me and Matt found on our hike and some beautiful frozen trees on the drive back.
13E266D0-572B-455A-893A-FB89AFEE4C93.jpeg
EE3FFC55-CEB8-4779-B33E-54C2BD910112.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom