Big Bend in Late January or Early Feb (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sauceda is the middle of BBRSP. Ranger HQ, store, etc. West of the Solitario. Terlingua is east of the Solitario. If we do Terlingua Ranch, we can also do some driving in BBNP is my thought. I have friends who have a couple places in Terlingua Ranch we could camp and have toilet/shower.
Works for me!

Everyone using GMRS/FRS for trail comms? Lots of places out here with zero cell coverage. Coverage is bad enough that I carry a PLB in the vehicles at all times...

Never used a GMRS radio but I ordered a handled the other day. Should be here by the end of the week.

I also have a couple of FRS radios and a cb on the truck

Taking big red. It's probably just me and maybe one passenger.

What are the final dates that were decided?
Feb 8-13th, I have to return to Austin on the 12th though

Feb 8-13th, I have to return to Austin on the 12th though
Yeah It looks like I’ll be driving there the 9th and returning to SMTX on the 12th as well. I may be able to swing a day early and be there the 8th but playing that by ear depending on work.

Getting excited for this trip!

Mike, I have been thinking the same thing, debating whether to sleep in the cab or take my trailer. @92RedToy says he is taking his.

Sauceda is the middle of BBRSP. Ranger HQ, store, etc. West of the Solitario. Terlingua is east of the Solitario. If we do Terlingua Ranch, we can also do some driving in BBNP is my thought. I have friends who have a couple places in Terlingua Ranch we could camp and have toilet/shower.

@MrBaconjr , so reservation is set for Tres Papalotes arriving 2/8 with a 2/10 departure. You mention your friends in terlingua for camp, etc. how many nights there? what are the fees to camp at your friend's place at TR? shall we reserve any other spot(s) after this?

Looking at the work schedule and talking to the boss, looks like I'll most likely be able to swing the 10th to 14th. So If I make it there on Wednesday instead of Monday, let me know where you guys will be so we can link up for a bit.

Looking at the work schedule and talking to the boss, looks like I'll most likely be able to swing the 10th to 14th. So If I make it there on Wednesday instead of Monday, let me know where you guys will be so we can link up for a bit.
Sure thing Mike, will keep you posted on where we will be 2/10

I think I can swing down there on 2/11 and 2/12. I've got 40 acres in TR, but not really set up yet for camping unfortunately. If ya'll let me know where you are on camping on 2/10 through the end of the trip, then I think I should be able to drive down from Alpine on the morning of 2/11.

We'll keep you posted Pat! Good to hear you are going

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom