BG Trans Flush Opinions? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Replacing the winch in my rig here lately and noticed with the help of a fellow cruiserhead/jerkoff that one of my trans cooler hoses has a rather bad pinch in it where it connects to the cooler. Decided to go ahead and fix that before installing the new winch while it was easily accessible. Then I got to thinking since I was gonna be in there and its time to drain and refill that system anyway why not go ahead and get a BG trans flush. I've used BG44K in all of my cars/trucks with excellent results and really have never heard a complaint about any of there products. Given the fact that a flush also refills the entire system as well as cleaning it I thought this also might improve the slight flaring problem my rig has between second/third. That or make it a whole hell of alot worse. Either way I wanted opinions on the service if anyone here has done this, it $149.99 to get this done with synthetic which really isn't to bad considering.

Hey Reffug-I know you're a moderator and all that, but you might try a search. This topic surfaces about every 3 months. I have never done a trans flush, but I won't let that stop me from having an opinion! :D DON'T DO IT. I have done drain and fills twice per year for the last 5 years-that seems to work fine. What exactly are you trying to improve with a flush? IMHO there are too many risks to even consider a flush.

no!!!!!!!!!!

i have done alot of research on this and talked to several people unless you know for sure transmission has been serviced on regular intervals dont do it.even toyota senice department told me 1 out of 3 transmissions fail after this.take the pan off inspect it and just do drain and fills about 4 times at evert oil change. :beer:

Cruiserdrew said:
Hey Reffug-I know you're a moderator and all that, but you might try a search.

Did a search and didn't find exactly what I was looking for. Thus the inquiry for others opinions. The trans fluid has been serviced regular and the slight flaring problem is the reason I would even consider the flush. The problem is I kinda figure the flush will either improve the flaring or bring it to such a point that a trans replacement will be necessary. Just trying to determine if such a procedure should even be considered or if I should just drain and refill upon replacing the faulty hose. Like I mentioned looking for opinions on the topic as alot of experts recommend the flush but also forewarn that if a trans it gonna fail such a procedure will bring this about. Thanks for your 02 Drew :cheers: .

IIRC CDan recently dicussed transmission flushing and flat out said not to do it. No ifs or buts.

If the transmission has a full fill of fluid and is not operating properly, changing the fluid isn't going to fix it. Transmission fluid is replaced to prolong the life of the transmission, not to repair it.

...ditto what Rich said. A flush won't fix your flaring problem.

Cruiserdrew said:
Hey Reffug-I know you're a moderator and all that, but you might try a search. This topic surfaces about every 3 months. I have never done a trans flush, but I won't let that stop me from having an opinion! :D DON'T DO IT. I have done drain and fills twice per year for the last 5 years-that seems to work fine. What exactly are you trying to improve with a flush? IMHO there are too many risks to even consider a flush.

Moderators should also know to keep their posts clean of all obscenities and vulgarities...to the degree they occur. :rolleyes:

Just say no to trans flushes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom