BFG AT 35 X 12.5 on Rock Crawlers

Joined
Nov 11, 2004
Messages
328
Location
Portland OR
After much reading I have decided to buy a new set of 5 BFG A/T ko on 15X8 Rock Crawlers with 3.5 inch backspacing. I have an OME 2.5 -3 inch lift so I don't think there should be any problems with the tires.

Does anyone think I might need to install the brake line extender to compensate for the new height achieved by these tires? I am currently running 32s and it is fine.


Thanks! mike
 
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
4,545
Location
in the nappy dugout
I am running 33x12.5 SS with about a 3 1/2 lift and it pretty much fills the wheel wells up. I would tend to think your 35's would rub
 
Joined
Nov 11, 2004
Messages
328
Location
Portland OR
Noah, Super swampers? From what I have read (could be wrong), BFG A/T 35s are more like 34s. But the guy at discount says they are pretty true to size, so I don't know.
 

kevin g

 
Joined
Oct 20, 2003
Messages
132
Location
Belmont, MI
The added height of the tires won't affect the distance from your frame to your axle, so if you don't have a problem with your brake lines now, you shouldn't with the different tires.

I hope I understood your question.
 
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
4,545
Location
in the nappy dugout
cruzerfetish said:
Noah, Super swampers? From what I have read (could be wrong), BFG A/T 35s are more like 34s. But the guy at discount says they are pretty true to size, so I don't know.
yeah, from what i have read BFG's run a size smaller than claimed. SS = Super Swampers.

I would still think that the 35's would eat up every inch of your wheel well with only 2.5-3 inches of lift. could be wrong though - maybe someone could post a pic with 35's and 2.5 lift.

Are you going to wheel this rig?
 
Joined
Nov 11, 2004
Messages
328
Location
Portland OR
Gonna wheel it eventually. Was also thinking of adding the 1 inch body lift, but if I need to do that just to run the 35s I will probably call Discount back and order the 33s. As much info as I can get from you guys in the next couple of hours will be great. Then I can decide if I need to call those guys back.
 
Joined
Nov 11, 2004
Messages
328
Location
Portland OR
kevin g, you understodd correctly. And maybe I really didn't have my thinking cap on tight when I asked that question. thanks.
 
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
4,545
Location
in the nappy dugout
cruzerfetish said:
Gonna wheel it eventually. Was also thinking of adding the 1 inch body lift, but if I need to do that just to run the 35s I will probably call Discount back and order the 33s. As much info as I can get from you guys in the next couple of hours will be great. Then I can decide if I need to call those guys back.
I would get others opinon on it first...
 
Joined
Nov 1, 2003
Messages
1,360
Location
Klamath Basin
I have 33x10.5 ATs and they are just a tad over 32's, I have slightly sagged two inch springs and They have plenty of room.
 
Joined
Nov 11, 2004
Messages
328
Location
Portland OR
Thanks RredFJ40. I am feeling a little more confident now. My lift is brand new (january), so hopefully I will be fine for a while and can do the body lift down the road as needed. Eventually I would like to be at 4 inches on the lift for the 4bt. Most likely I will wait until the springs sag and SOA them for diesel.

But that is way down the road. Anyone else want to chime in on this one?? I PM'd lowtideride cause I saw that he ahd a friend running 35s on a 2.5 inch lift. Waiting to hear on that one.......
Thanks again for the feedback.
 
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
4,545
Location
in the nappy dugout
cruzerfetish said:
Thanks RredFJ40. I am feeling a little more confident now. My lift is brand new (january), so hopefully I will be fine for a while and can do the body lift down the road as needed. Eventually I would like to be at 4 inches on the lift for the 4bt. Most likely I will wait until the springs sag and SOA them for diesel.

But that is way down the road. Anyone else want to chime in on this one?? I PM'd lowtideride cause I saw that he ahd a friend running 35s on a 2.5 inch lift. Waiting to hear on that one.......
Thanks again for the feedback.
ok, this makes a bit more sense. If you are looking ahead and plan on a 4" lift total, then i would go for the 35's
 
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
844
I run ProComp 35x12.5 on my 60.
It has MAFs 2.5 inch Safari Springs lift.

Minimal to moderate rub IF I corner and articulate 'hard' at same time.
The bolt heads in front wheel well that connect to fender (front area) are never dirty/rusty...but no body damage...
When doing RTI ramp, rear wheels stuff way up and into well; some rubbing of tire sidewalls and well. Minor shiney spot on exhaust pipe (left rear wheel) after a day on the trails.

I use the extended brake lines cause of lift, not tires...

Rig can be seen at http://www.flca.org/Rigs/033/033_7.jpg
 
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
4,545
Location
in the nappy dugout
soggy60 said:
I run ProComp 35x12.5 on my 60.
It has MAFs 2.5 inch Safari Springs lift.

Minimal to moderate rub IF I corner and articulate 'hard' at same time.
The bolt heads in front wheel well that connect to fender (front area) are never dirty/rusty...but no body damage...
When doing RTI ramp, rear wheels stuff way up and into well; some rubbing of tire sidewalls and well. Minor shiney spot on exhaust pipe (left rear wheel) after a day on the trails.

I use the extended brake lines cause of lift, not tires...

Rig can be seen at http://www.flca.org/Rigs/033/033_7.jpg
those tires look good on your rig.
 
Joined
Nov 11, 2004
Messages
328
Location
Portland OR
Well, to wrap this thread up I called Discount back and changed my order to 33s. Seems that I could have problems with the 35s (or not) but decided to save 100.00 and be sure that what I am buying will fit now and not interfere with my ability to go wheeling with my current suspension. Once they are on (by friday), I will post pics.

thanks again guys.
 
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
4,545
Location
in the nappy dugout
cruzerfetish said:
Well, to wrap this thread up I called Discount back and changed my order to 33s. Seems that I could have problems with the 35s (or not) but decided to save 100.00 and be sure that what I am buying will fit now and not interfere with my ability to go wheeling with my current suspension. Once they are on (by friday), I will post pics.

thanks again guys.
you will like them. I have 33x10.5's on my 40 with a 3" lift and they look real good. They dont wheel too bad either
 
Joined
Nov 11, 2004
Messages
328
Location
Portland OR
yep. haven't wheeled it at all yet, but that is only because I didn't have a spare tire and my MTRs are bald!!

I guess I have to be the :princess: now. Oh well. I can take it.

Looks like 33s will take me most anyplace 35s will (in FL, with the exception of some big ass mud holes) and since I am a wuss anyway that won't be an issue : )
 
Top Bottom