BFG AT 35 X 12.5 on Rock Crawlers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After much reading I have decided to buy a new set of 5 BFG A/T ko on 15X8 Rock Crawlers with 3.5 inch backspacing. I have an OME 2.5 -3 inch lift so I don't think there should be any problems with the tires.

Does anyone think I might need to install the brake line extender to compensate for the new height achieved by these tires? I am currently running 32s and it is fine.

Thanks! mike

I am running 33x12.5 SS with about a 3 1/2 lift and it pretty much fills the wheel wells up. I would tend to think your 35's would rub

Noah, Super swampers? From what I have read (could be wrong), BFG A/T 35s are more like 34s. But the guy at discount says they are pretty true to size, so I don't know.

The added height of the tires won't affect the distance from your frame to your axle, so if you don't have a problem with your brake lines now, you shouldn't with the different tires.

I hope I understood your question.

cruzerfetish said:
Noah, Super swampers? From what I have read (could be wrong), BFG A/T 35s are more like 34s. But the guy at discount says they are pretty true to size, so I don't know.
yeah, from what i have read BFG's run a size smaller than claimed. SS = Super Swampers.

I would still think that the 35's would eat up every inch of your wheel well with only 2.5-3 inches of lift. could be wrong though - maybe someone could post a pic with 35's and 2.5 lift.

Are you going to wheel this rig?

Gonna wheel it eventually. Was also thinking of adding the 1 inch body lift, but if I need to do that just to run the 35s I will probably call Discount back and order the 33s. As much info as I can get from you guys in the next couple of hours will be great. Then I can decide if I need to call those guys back.

kevin g, you understodd correctly. And maybe I really didn't have my thinking cap on tight when I asked that question. thanks.

cruzerfetish said:
Gonna wheel it eventually. Was also thinking of adding the 1 inch body lift, but if I need to do that just to run the 35s I will probably call Discount back and order the 33s. As much info as I can get from you guys in the next couple of hours will be great. Then I can decide if I need to call those guys back.
I would get others opinon on it first...

I have 33x10.5 ATs and they are just a tad over 32's, I have slightly sagged two inch springs and They have plenty of room.

Thanks RredFJ40. I am feeling a little more confident now. My lift is brand new (january), so hopefully I will be fine for a while and can do the body lift down the road as needed. Eventually I would like to be at 4 inches on the lift for the 4bt. Most likely I will wait until the springs sag and SOA them for diesel.

But that is way down the road. Anyone else want to chime in on this one?? I PM'd lowtideride cause I saw that he ahd a friend running 35s on a 2.5 inch lift. Waiting to hear on that one.......
Thanks again for the feedback.

Now for the wheels, I have Rock Crawler Series 97, Black. I get tons of positive comments, I love em'.....

cruzerfetish said:
Thanks RredFJ40. I am feeling a little more confident now. My lift is brand new (january), so hopefully I will be fine for a while and can do the body lift down the road as needed. Eventually I would like to be at 4 inches on the lift for the 4bt. Most likely I will wait until the springs sag and SOA them for diesel.

But that is way down the road. Anyone else want to chime in on this one?? I PM'd lowtideride cause I saw that he ahd a friend running 35s on a 2.5 inch lift. Waiting to hear on that one.......
Thanks again for the feedback.
ok, this makes a bit more sense. If you are looking ahead and plan on a 4" lift total, then i would go for the 35's

I run ProComp 35x12.5 on my 60.
It has MAFs 2.5 inch Safari Springs lift.

Minimal to moderate rub IF I corner and articulate 'hard' at same time.
The bolt heads in front wheel well that connect to fender (front area) are never dirty/rusty...but no body damage...
When doing RTI ramp, rear wheels stuff way up and into well; some rubbing of tire sidewalls and well. Minor shiney spot on exhaust pipe (left rear wheel) after a day on the trails.

I use the extended brake lines cause of lift, not tires...

Rig can be seen at http://www.flca.org/Rigs/033/033_7.jpg

soggy60 said:
I run ProComp 35x12.5 on my 60.
It has MAFs 2.5 inch Safari Springs lift.

Minimal to moderate rub IF I corner and articulate 'hard' at same time.
The bolt heads in front wheel well that connect to fender (front area) are never dirty/rusty...but no body damage...
When doing RTI ramp, rear wheels stuff way up and into well; some rubbing of tire sidewalls and well. Minor shiney spot on exhaust pipe (left rear wheel) after a day on the trails.

I use the extended brake lines cause of lift, not tires...

Rig can be seen at http://www.flca.org/Rigs/033/033_7.jpg
those tires look good on your rig.

Well, to wrap this thread up I called Discount back and changed my order to 33s. Seems that I could have problems with the 35s (or not) but decided to save 100.00 and be sure that what I am buying will fit now and not interfere with my ability to go wheeling with my current suspension. Once they are on (by friday), I will post pics.

thanks again guys.

cruzerfetish said:
Well, to wrap this thread up I called Discount back and changed my order to 33s. Seems that I could have problems with the 35s (or not) but decided to save 100.00 and be sure that what I am buying will fit now and not interfere with my ability to go wheeling with my current suspension. Once they are on (by friday), I will post pics.

thanks again guys.
you will like them. I have 33x10.5's on my 40 with a 3" lift and they look real good. They dont wheel too bad either

bwaaa ya should have got em......it doesnt sound like ya wheel it too hard so i would not have worried. PMed ya back anyway...

good luck,
-Al

yep. haven't wheeled it at all yet, but that is only because I didn't have a spare tire and my MTRs are bald!!

I guess I have to be the :princess: now. Oh well. I can take it.

Looks like 33s will take me most anyplace 35s will (in FL, with the exception of some big ass mud holes) and since I am a wuss anyway that won't be an issue : )

fetish you are welcome to the trail ride this weekend to Alpha Pit. shoot me a PM back if ya wanna go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom