Best Mods under $50... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

you must share pics of all those gadgets under 50 bucks ..

X2 on those pics....especially the bumpers. Time for more poser shots of my old truck.

Here's a pic that includes several of my cheapo mods: First you can see my gas pedal is a foot (free! birthday preasent) Second, my keys have a mini crescent wrench on them and I use it ALL the time (free! came with a bunch of old tools my Dad gave me) and the Third one I know has been posted before, but a mounted maglight! (Maglight 20 bucks, batteries 4 bucks, and mounting brackets 3 and a half bucks). Everytime my Brother-in-law and I get together and work on our trucks we run out of daylight and we end up using his cell phone light... and that doesn't work too well.
magmount.jpg

At a whopping $20.99, do you think the Haynes Repair Manual is worthwhile to spend out of the first $50? Or, is this information available elsewhere?

Better off buying a big roll of shop rags. Or one of those big boxes full of rags. Equally useful around the truck, much cheaper.

Search for "online manuals" here on Mud, you can download pdf files of the factory manuals. Print out the pages you need, when you need 'em.

the Haynes is not a very good resource. Your 20 would be better spent on other stuff.

At a whopping $20.99, do you think the Haynes Repair Manual is worthwhile to spend out of the first $50? Or, is this information available elsewhere?

Good advice! Thanks for the heads up. I'll definitely be saving that $20 for shop rags or some gas :grinpimp:

Just threw a set of new lug nuts at the rig. I guess these days they use a full set of keyed lugs so I have a 'special' key for them. Little extra security and chrome to match the stock rims. Me likey! Only cost 40 bones.

A $500 repair bill says you best not. But $500 was lucky. Could have been a HG or worse.

Just before "El Tractor" died, sway bar poly bushings; $10.00

How would you even notice a difference with that? Do you drive naked or something?

ever drive the roads in Puerto Rico? rattle rattle rattle deffinitly worth ten bucks I think they want $20 for those bushings here.

Drive these roads??? I live here! Drive daily.If you want to be rich here, open a suspension parts store, you'll never run out of customers:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:! Before el "Tractor" died, I had to replace all the springs, shocks and sway bar bushings, due to the road conditions, still les than $50.00

Last edited:
I have driven in Panama, almost as bad, I am sure.

Been there too, they are as bad. But here I think the local government have a contract with Rancho, OME, Bilstein, etc.:lol:

One Free Mod I did was drill a hole in the tap of the gas tank lid and connected a cable from it to the car so i don't have to keep track of it at the pump FREE

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom