Best Exhaust header currently available? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

desmocruiser

SILVER Star
Threads
I am looking to replace the header on my 40, my current one is a 6 into 1 and the tube at the 90* bend will actually contact the Tie Rod of my high steer kit under suspension compression.

I think they are different designs that have different routing and offer ample room, just having a challenge finding out what is still available to purchase.

Would prefer ceramic coating, however I have a local shop that can add, stainless if reasonable would also work.

PM PabloCruise on this board, or Downey or search "Header" , the thread on the new production is titled FJ40 Downey/Header
I have read a little, they sound great, but last I heard they were a still a few months away from production.

I will check in for the latest eta.

I use a 3FE manifold and custom 2-1 collector. Hard to say what performance gains there are, but it’s nice and easy to come by

IMG_7084.jpeg

Sneak peak of progress on the “Pablo Cruise” header (lolol)

View attachment 3354208
That looks great! I had to go a different route, timing to a degree, but most importantly I had to find a different design to give better clearance to my High Steer set up!

Thank you for updating!

Keep us posted on the development!

I ended up with a Man A Fre 2 piece 6 into 2 header.

Very happy with everything so far, I tracked down one of the area’s best exhaust fabricator’s to build the Y pipe, as expected he did a great job with the design and fab work.

I did have to relocate the Sniper O2 sensor, I like the location it is well protected, just a little further downstream, as we followed Halley’s recommendation of 6-8” past the point of everything merging.

Maybe a question for @wngrog? Do I need to reset the system to allow the Sniper to relearn more quickly and adjust to changes?

At first it seemed sluggish in a third gear uphill pull, however it seems to have made some adjustments after a few drives and is improving.

IMG_9183.jpeg
IMG_9182.jpeg
IMG_9177.jpeg
IMG_9180.jpeg

A couple of more pics.
IMG_9176.jpeg
IMG_9179.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom