best battery charger (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
what do you guys consider one of the best battery charger/jumpers?
i currently have the Schumacher SC-6000A and while i loved it at first, it soon became clear that there are many flaws with it. the biggest problem is when it's charging at 30amps, it gets so hot, the computer 'locks up'. even charging at 10amps it will get too hot if in the sun.

i've been thinking of getting one of the black and decker units from walmart but i have a suspicion that they share the same internals.

linky??

I've found the a 2 amp trickle charge overnight seems to do a goos job for me. Don't know if it's the best way, just it's always worked well for me so I never changed.

thanks for the input everyone...

Actually this is one of the best ways to charge a battery

Heffenoche said:
I've found the a 2 amp trickle charge overnight seems to do a goos job for me. Don't know if it's the best way, just it's always worked well for me so I never changed.

FZJFillmore said:
Great, I just got the Schumacher M10000 off Ebay. Hopefully it cools a little better. :rolleyes:

please let me know via pm or something if yours exhibits thermal issues.

Fast forward to today. What are some new recommendations for wheeled battery chargers for small engine shop. My vintage Sears wheeled unit started smoking and fried the internal wiring.

I tried those electronic Shumacher units around when the OP wrote this. Worst unit I ever had, never worked right. For the next model I want something simple, analog not digital. Mostly charging 12-volt small engine batteries and regular 12-volt vehicle and tractor batteries. We do have a few marine batteries in our fleet as well.

A small unit that is easily portable would be great as well for equipment stored in the outbuildings. I have the NOCO GBX45 for jump starting which seems to work well so far.

I was looking at this unit for the main shop. Made in USA. If anyone has any other recommendations that would be great.
Amazon product ASIN B005MVAX3G

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom