Bender build gets some junk in the trunk! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

No squeak that I have noticed so far. Haven’t taken it on much rough surface yet though. A spray of silicone

Finally figure out where my squeaking is coming from. It's from the latch, when it's engaged. The 'tongue' of the latch sits in a slot on the frame of the drawers when engaged, and it's this contact between the 2 metals that causes the squeaking. I confirmed by putting some duct tape on the metal tongue and this stopped the squeak. Just have to find a more permanent solution, but it's duct tape for now!

Finally figure out where my squeaking is coming from. It's from the latch, when it's engaged. The 'tongue' of the latch sits in a slot on the frame of the drawers when engaged, and it's this contact between the 2 metals that causes the squeaking. I confirmed by putting some duct tape on the metal tongue and this stopped the squeak. Just have to find a more permanent solution, but it's duct tape for now!
Duct tape solution # 1 million and three! 🙂
Congrats on a solution.

Can you adjust the latch so there's tension between the latch and tongue? Just a wee bit of tension of the latch pulling on the tongue is all it would take to mute the squeak.
If I'm imagining your setup correctly, put a rubber bumper on the very back of the drawer so when it closes, it presses against the rear of the drawer cavity. Doing this will require you to give just a little push to engage the latch when closing, now there's tension on the latch.

Can you adjust the latch so there's tension between the latch and tongue? Just a wee bit of tension of the latch pulling on the tongue is all it would take to mute the squeak.
If I'm imagining your setup correctly, put a rubber bumper on the very back of the drawer so when it closes, it presses against the rear of the drawer cavity. Doing this will require you to give just a little push to engage the latch when closing, now there's tension on the latch.
Yeah, good idea but there is already plenty tension on the latch. When you turn it to engage, it actually pushes up against the latch and tension holds it in place. Which is why the duct tape is not a permanent solution, it will rub off eventually as it scrapes against the latch.

Reactions: r2m

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom