SOLD Bend,OR - 80 Series steering box core (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone looking to swap their steering box any time soon? I purchased a new one and installed when I did my engine rebuild. I have the original core + pitman arm+ lower link that I saved but would like to get rid of.

This box didn't leak when I pulled it out ( a few years prior I had WTOR run through and do a reseal) but it still has too much play to be used as-is. I would think that it is only usable as a core if you were to send to redhead if they were to guarantee they could do it with no play in the system. I have no idea if some of the internals are worn too much to be viable or if they'd reduce the core refund. I didn't want to mess with it and so I bought a new box.

That being said, I'm asking for 0 dollars for it. I would however like you to pay for shipping which is probably not trivial. its in a good double carboard box that toyota shipped my new one in. I'd say shipping would be 75-100, whatever method/carrier you want and where you are located. You can weigh the benefit vs monetary risk. Of course if you happen to be in central oregon you could pick up for free :) As I understand it if either the power piston or the sector shaft are worn too much it requires replacement. Each of those are pricey(787 for piston, 242 for sector shaft, + shipping & Pitman arm) but I guess less than a new box(1661+ the ride). Or if you are really just looking for the core than maybe this is also a good fit.

Any questions let me know, just wanted to put it out there if this is in some way valuable for someone. If not I can send it to the scrap heap.

img_5638-jpeg.94733

I'd love to pick this thing up, but not in the plans to head to Bend antytime soon. Could I get a quote to ship it to 97520? Unless you happen to be driving south on 97 anytime soon?:rofl: I've got the parts to repair it and would love to keep it in the 80 for a spare for someone.

~Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom