BEB's Replaced this weekend. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just another BEB post.

Finally, got around to replacing theses. I purchased my truck about a year ago on the second hand market, and the guy I bought it off had never replaced them. The PO also wasn't sure if the guy he bought it off had done the work, as there was no mention of it in any of the receipts he had.

I'm glad I did it. 217500 KM on the odometer, I think they are factory bearings? They were a mix of 3 and 4 marked ones, in an alternating pattern. The 4th bearing is very pitted. The crank on that 4th one had what looked like maybe some small score marks. I couldn't wipe them away, but I also couldn't feel them with my finger/nail.

Replaced with Taiho tri-metal bearings. I will probably start analyzing the oil going forward just to give me some piece of mind.

20210216_144100.jpg

20210216_143953.jpg

Just another BEB post.

Finally, got around to replacing theses. I purchased my truck about a year ago on the second hand market, and the guy I bought it off had never replaced them. The PO also wasn't sure if the guy he bought it off had done the work, as there was no mention of it in any of the receipts he had.

I'm glad I did it. 217500 KM on the odometer, I think they are factory bearings? They were a mix of 3 and 4 marked ones, in an alternating pattern. The 4th bearing is very pitted. The crank on that 4th one had what looked like maybe some small score marks. I couldn't wipe them away, but I also couldn't feel them with my finger/nail.

Replaced with Taiho tri-metal bearings. I will probably start analyzing the oil going forward just to give me some piece of mind.

View attachment 2588078

View attachment 2588077
Did you plastigauge the taihos?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom