Beats my 80 8 mpg (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
75 mph over 350 miles ..

Pics or it didn't happen. O damn, it did happen. And over 350 miles range on a single tank.

Not bad! Is she box stock?

Then again, Yota does rate her for 18 mph highway.

Pics or it didn't happen. O damn, it did happen. And over 350 miles range on a single tank.

Not bad! Is she box stock?

Then again, Yota does rate her for 18 mph highway.
2 inch lift but all stock..it was at 17 if I kept at 70

I get 17-18 on the road with my 09 200 series. Not unusual.

18.5 highway when on the flatter portions of looong highways. That was 285/70/17 KO2s.... packed to the roof with gear, and 500lbs of driver and passenger (my uncle). :) this was before bumpers, etc. Wind resistance is huge in killing MPG on these things...more than weight, especially on long flat runs.

This also beats my 100 series easily...despite gobs more power in the 200.

My wife and I drove from Austin, TX to Portland, OR in December. She drove the cruiser while i was in another vehicle but she somehow managed to avg 19-20mpg for most of the trip. I usually get about 13-17 depending. In the 80 it was more like 9-11mpg!

I think the driver has a lot to do with the fuel economy as well. I consistently average 2 mpg's better than my other half in our 4Runner over the exact same stretch of road. Throttle response/control, braking, and handling all factor in.

I think the driver has a lot to do with the fuel economy as well. I consistently average 2 mpg's better than my other half in our 4Runner over the exact same stretch of road. Throttle response/control, braking, and handling all factor in.

Agreed. Every time my wife drives my 200 the avg mpg drops a significant amount.

The winter blend kills my mileage. I can still get 16.5+ at 70mph, but it jumps a couple mpg in the summer. When I get to 80-85 mph when I drive to Utah I get between 13-14, a big drop.

Overall it is pretty impressive for the weight and brick shape of the 200. Better than I could get with my old Tundra. And my 4runner gets about the same.

Agreed.

Yet we modify and quickly forget that many original design decisions were to carefully maximize the balance of qualities in a vehicle.

We brought then LX home from the dealer yesterday, it's roughly 80 miles from the dealer to the house. We drove into a decent headwind the entire way home at speeds ranging from 60-70mph and we managed to average 17.9mpg. For a brand new 6000lb+ SUV that hasn't been properly broken in yet, I will take it haha. That said, I bet we lose a solid 1-2mpg when the 33's go on next week, +22lbs of rotating mass per corner will certainly have an impact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom