Beatdown FJ Cruiser rebuild (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Adapter plate needed, other than that it's supposed to be direct bolt in.
That being said, this will be the first FJ that one has ever been installed in. Sooooo..... fingers crossed.
Yeah definitely let me know how "direct bolt on" it is.....its on my list.

Well it has begun. Verso here we come

1420070701009.jpg

Ok folks its in but not done. T-case went in really easily. Shifter?.... kicked my butt. Moved the knobs 2.25" forward and 2" right but now they need extensions. Will work on that next week.

1420245201658.jpg

This is the first fj to ever receive a verso t-case. They flat out told me there would be several issues.
They have been very helpful with all my questions and extremely receptive of my input on things that need to be noted or included with the kit.

This is the first fj to ever receive a verso t-case. They flat out told me there would be several issues.
They have been very helpful with all my questions and extremely receptive of my input on things that need to be noted or included with the kit.
It's good that you are breaking new ground and helping them sort out any issues. I still say that doing the Inchworm Lefty, then having Budbuilt give me "tummy-tuck" took my FJC to another level. The gear reduction of the Lefty along with the clearance/protection of Budbuilt encouraged me to push it's limits...Great Fun...

Breakover angle is my biggest frustration when wheeling my FJC. Looking forward to the evolution of this product. Price seems very agreeable if the kinks get worked out.

I understand this is the first FJC application for the Verso, but I thought it was designed specifically for this drive train. Just wondering if it wasn't tested on an FJC, what vehicle was it tested on? Surely there was some R&D period before they went to market?

Reason for my pesky questions:
I'm not an engineer but I have a degree in Industrial Design, so I'm familiar with many manufacturing systems & processes. From my POV, it seems like it was designed and built on the bench, marketed to the prime consumers, and only now they are doing a field test with willing FJC owners. That's a little out of order, but maybe its the cheapest business model of bringing a product to market for TG. We've all seen offroad products rushed to market before the kinks were worked out and some left scars on the designers/manufacturers/resellers. I'm hoping this is not the case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom