Beatdown FJ Cruiser rebuild (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Trimmed the front bumper a little today.

ForumRunner_20140312_125339.jpg

ForumRunner_20140312_125355.jpg

ForumRunner_20140312_125339.jpg

ForumRunner_20140312_125355.jpg

Me like, you don't mess around, do you. :beer:

Its hard to visualize how all that is going to fit under there. The final ride height is very nice, I think you've got it right so far...:clap:

Ok sorry for not giving any updates thIs past weekend. Was pretty bummed when I found out I couldn't fit the ORI's where I wanted them to go.
Then I was down right pouting when I found a crack in my t-case.
Rear end is built and In place. Just have to build permanent links when my tubing gets here.
Got the front gears put in and New u joints In the axles today.

I Measured wrong on axle width vs. Frame with vs. Interior cargo compartment width. As I'm looking at it right now I can't fit the shocks without cutting into the rear cargo floor area. Didn't really want to do that.

What I figured....

Have seen several uber built FJCs face similar and have been contemplating options on the PP80, since it only makes sense to move to coil overs, or keep polishing the turd I have.

There was a build a few years back from Krawltex (Sp??) that fabbed wheel wells to conceal the shock towers but still kept the rear seat.

Thinking the biggest issue is cabin noise , without a wheel well to cover the upper tower.

I'll find after a few cups of coffee. I saw it on the highway on a trip to San Antonio once, looked incredible, had a custom tag I never thought I'd forget....

Getting old sucks.

Coach I've seen that build somewhere and it did look good. The one thing that I wanted to do was to keep all the interior tupperware looking stock.
Getting the ORI's In there is not the problem. Getting them In there and keeping the stock plastic panels is.

Sweet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom