Beatdown FJ Cruiser rebuild (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The Kids loved the FJ

1398133022697.jpg

1398133088734.jpg

Awesome. How did the sas do?

Nice!

Late to this Party. Are the ORIs stout enough for all the weight. Thought about using those since unlike springs they don't push you off the rocks. Id squeeze by with my LT and an 8" which is there smallest

I've seen some pics with an FJ similar on its side....what's the word

Yeah I'm fine. I am the guy in the Orange shirt spotting. My buddy wanted to drive it so I let him and then talked him into trying to climb a hill he shouldn't have.
But yes everyone was strapped in and Ok.

How was the wheeling out there? I go out to west TX fairly often for work. Never can find anything online for good off-road locations.

Wheeling is pretty good. Lots of trails if you know where they all are. Its my backyard so I get a bit tired of it but it's still good.
I prefer Katemcey rocks but I hear hidden falls is good too.

I didn't know about Katemcey either. May need to make a trip! I'm originally from Utah so not familiar with good off-road locations in TX.

Haven't posted in a while, so i thought I'd do an update.
Got her back from the body shop and she looks great. After driving it a bit I found what caused the roll over. Everyone (me included)said they thought they heard a pop right before it started to roll. That pop ended up being the driver front u-joint. Soooo, that was a 10,000 dollar u-joint.

So new spicers with 35 spline outers are going in.

Also got a great deal on a Fab Fours rear bumper with tire carrier. Its on and modified to hold a 40" Goodyear spare but I'm not 100% happy with it yet.

Decided to go with a set of flares too. got the fronts on but the rears are going to take a bit of work since the bumper and body have been trimmed back so much.

And the last bit of news is I just talked to trail gear and they are sending me one of there new Verso T-cases and adapters today. So there will be plenty of install pictures on that to come soon. Hope it works out like I'm hoping it will.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom