Be honest, do you like the FJ Cruiser....... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I really like my Fj so far, but only had it for a few days. Picked it up Thursday night and wheeled it saturday. I am thinking that a backup camera would be good for the FJ. I added the small stick on mirrors to the stock side mirrors and that helped a bunch.

Dave

Had my FJ for a year now and despite a few quirks here and there .... I like it a lot. I was pleasantly surprised with the water fjording ability of the FJ this morning on the way to work as the recent rains completely flooded out several intersections and they were littered with similar height (and higher) stalled / flooded vehicles.
I made it through one that I really shouldn't have attempted ... my bung-hole was water-tight at one point !!

Got two chips in the windshield but no other problems. I like the engine, an inline 6 would be cool for the torque but not needed for what I do. I would like to shoehorn a V8 in there though... if I had one of these for a toy.

Cheers,
PISTOL

The too cartoonish for me, but the underpinnings are great. Redesign it Toyota, so that it looks less like a child's toy and I'd be very tempted.

Still LOVE it

I have over 94,000 km on my 07 FJ, and I have no regrets about my purchase. It is a very capable vehicle and still lots of fun to drive.

I will be purchasing a 2010 Trail Edition 4Runner to give my FJ somewhat of a break, but I still plan to regularly use it.

The 4Runner will be my seventh Toyota vehicle.

I have over 94,000 km on my 07 FJ, and I have no regrets about my purchase. It is a very capable vehicle and still lots of fun to drive.

I will be purchasing a 2010 Trail Edition 4Runner to give my FJ somewhat of a break, but I still plan to regularly use it.

The 4Runner will be my seventh Toyota vehicle.

You going to the Round Up?

Are you a Canuck, cause I was the only one thier last yea.

Rob

I have a 2007 FJ TRD (black w/ black top). It has been the best vehicle I have owned. Amazing in the snow and on the road. Unfortunately I don't have many places to take it off road so I don't get to take advantage of all the benefits.

I am actually going to be putting it up For Sale in the near term if anyone has an interest. I just got a company truck and won't have any use for it.

Absolutely love the 07 FJ. Bought it new and have had it for 2 yrs now. It is honestly one of the best vehicles we have ever owned. Yea there are a few things I would change (visibility, roll down rear windows, 22in chrome rims from the factory). Ok not so much on the rims haha. Great vehicle!

I've had my fjc for two and a half years now and i drive the crapppp out of it. Being in college not to mention a frat, things have gotten pretty crazy for mine at times, but its always taken the test of the merciless floggings in the mud and has even pulled out my friends' trucks, jeeps, you name it, out of holes i had just gone through. It's a very reliable vehicle and I would always suggest it to someone who wants a reliable dd they can have a good amount of off road fun in. It is quirky ie the long doors, only two rolling down windows, blind spots, but i've always enjoyed it very much, but these things never really bothered me at all. Good luck on you decision

For the 3 yrs I have owned mine it has been a good vehicle. I have wheeled the piss out of it and has led me to purchasing an 85 toyota. I like the styling of it and out of the box is pretty good at wheeling with tons of aftermarket support. The engine is strong and auto tranny shifts well for the most part. It hasn't been too bad living in an apartment complex where I don't need to regularly haul lumber/plants/other household full of honey-dos but my needs have changed so I need a vehicle to meet them. The things I could never get over but my wife convinced to buy it. :lol:

No overdrive off button: So many times I was towing a small trailer that when going up a slow and steady hill, I can feel the torque converter engage and disengage several times and dropping it into 4th was way too low. I just kept it in 4th to prevent the tranny from overheating itself but watched my fuel gauge go to E a lot quicker.

The flat windshield; I think my head leans a little more to the right these days after all the neck bending I do at a stoplight. Around here, they put the stoplights in the worst locations and requires a lot of this, no matter how far you are off the line. The other piece being a rock magnet; after the 15th star hit on mine, I gave up.

The blind spots; yes even with the 2 dollar special convex mirrors. In addition, the worst is when backing up and having the defroster lines on the tiny back window mess up your depth vision. Most noticeable in a poor lighted white walled parking garage(everyday at work).:frown:

The clamshell door system: I dealed with this on my tundra before I traded it in for the fjc. It really did not offer me any more passenger capacity than the tundra than I thought. The seats are about as comfortable too :rolleyes:. I never liked sitting back there because I would get claustrophobic.

The windows left something to be desired; at least have the side ones pop out. :doh:

Storage space for keys, cups, etc: not a whole lot of it.

No passenger arm rest for the lil' lady? come on, I know you are protecting the bottom line, but :censor:

Back Seats don't fold all of the way flat and you have to pull the headrests out to make it work right: Nothing to say but measure one cut twice?

My front driver seat sinks all the freaking time and the service dealer could never "replicate the situation". They are also not that comfortable on long car rides; DFW to Charleston and back.

In hindsight, I would have kept the Tundra, bobbed the bed and put a solid axle up front :rolleyes:. Really, kept the tundra to tow the 85 around, something I don't feel comfortable towing with the fjc. The tundra would meet my current needs except for the additional passengers. Oh well, live and learn. The fjc will be put on waivers (thanks opening day) here in the next week or so. Just being honest...:cheers:

New guy here. We've had our 2010 Trail Teams FJC for about two weeks now and we absolutely love it. No complaints at all save for the fact that I'm having to budget for the mods I want to make rather than just blow a wad of money on it all at once. :D

First.... They do make them in R/H drive! I know for a fact since my neighbor has one and he is a mail carrier. My Fiance' has an 07' FJC and she has zero buyers remorse. Between the two of us we now own 4 Toyotas and the FJC drives, handles and has more power than the others. She uses her early 80's Griffith Conversion Toyota as her "Toy" to play in the mud and the FJC as her daily driver. I now own my FJ40 which is my daily driver and use my 92' Toyota standard cab 4x4 truck as my "Toy". The only thing I dislike about her FJC is that it is difficult for my kids to get in and out of the back seat area. Toyota should have made the front seats able to pop forward more to make it easier to get it and out of that area. The fully hoseable feature is awesome and has come in handy more than once!!!

the only thing is i wish i would have just wated a bit longer for the trd but i had to have the one of the first ones in mn

my first toyota. got it new in december. had jeeps. 05/07 rubicons. i am going to be brutaly honest. I LOVE IT! only issue i had was the common steering wheel vibe at 65mph. long story short, it turned out to be the factory dunlops. had general grabber AT2 tires installed monday at the dealer. they gave me $360 for the dunlops. WOW, it was like driving a totally different vehicle!! PERFECT. i read this is more common on the TT. something to do with the beadlock wheels/tires? i test drove two TT'S and they both had it bad!! i love the way they did the interior. all in all very happy. :steer:

Yes, I love my 80! But seriously, the lack of room and viz would be enough for me not to buy one. My buddy went from a 2nd gen 4runner to a an FJ. He likes it, but is not in love with it. He is trading his FJ this weekend for a 2010 4runner trail edition.:cheers:

Hi everyone,
I found a good deal on a new 08 FJ Cruiser, and I am on the fence about it. So be honest, what do you truly think of your FJ Cruiser? If you had to do it over again, would you? Likes and dislikes?

Thanks,
Zack
I think the topic here has gone off of track.
I have seen a lot of replies by people who do not even own an FJ Cruiser.
The original question was for those who actually own and drive one on a daily basis.

Just sayin' :D

we love my wifes 2010 Green FJ. I wish it had a straight axle like my FJ40's, but then again it drives a whole lot smoother than the 40's. I really only have two negative things, the lack of visability and that the back windows don't roll down, other than that it's a great vehicle.

I think the topic here has gone off of track.
I have seen a lot of replies by people who do not even own an FJ Cruiser.
The original question was for those who actually own and drive one on a daily basis.

Just sayin' :D

What thread are you reading? Almost every post is a FJ owner or s/o of an owner.

Don't like it much, seems to break alot but does get beat alittle...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom