Hey guys, my less than a year old battery died while I was out of town for a couple weeks and the truck was left sitting in the cold. I got a jump start, and everything was fine for a couple days, until I couldn't plug in the block heater one night, and the truck wouldn't start in the morning. Got a jump start, drove home, and checked the voltage... 11.3 volts with the engine off, 14.5 with it running. I gather from the 14.5 that it's not an alternator issue. My negative battery cable is extremely corroded (the cable, not the terminal connector, which I replaced with the battery last spring) Could a corroded negative cable somehow cause the battery not to charge, due to resistance? Could the corroded cable have caused the battery to fail in under a year? The battery this one replaced appeared to be the factory original form '98 so far the Die Hard isn't looking so good. I think I should probably swap out the cable regardless, and now this is going to sound like a lazy question, but it's currently -30 outside, and I don't have a garage to work in. Where does the negative cable ground to, aside from the fender. I assume it grounds to the engine block somewhere, but couldn't see. Do I need to get under the truck to access it? I really need a garage, laying in the snow is not fun.