Battery Light on Dash with Start batteries in Parallel? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am redoing my battery management system and aftermarket wiring. I have 2 X2 AGM batteries that are identical setup in Parallel as my start battery, they are in a TORFAB battery mount. When I start the truck, I get a battery light. Does anyone have any experience with this particular setup / issue. I will be hooking them to a ML ARC but have not gotten to that point yet. I have included a picture of the configuration.
IMG_3675.jpg

you have a look a the sense fuse yet?

that looks elegant and expensive!

Disconnect one battery and see if the issue disappears.

It won't solve your issue but help diagnose it. I have a hunch but need that piece of data to confirm.

It won't solve your issue but help diagnose it. I have a hunch but need that piece of data to confirm.
Yes, will do that and report back, will be later this morning.

should've said ALT-S fuse in the 4 position fuse link block, presuming the upper left middle block in your picture.
I think, not sure.
it's there somewhere, and it will cause the light to come on if it's stuffed.

should've said ALT-S fuse in the 4 position fuse link block, presuming the upper left middle block in your picture.
I think, not sure.
it's there somewhere, and it will cause the light to come on if it's stuffed.
Ok, thanks, will check that out later this AM. Currently at work for a couple more hours.

Battery light still comes on after disconnecting the two batteries.

Ok, thanks, will check that out later this AM. Currently at work for a couple more hours.
I presume your referring to this Fuse box ? I wasn't sure if I can remove that fuse without disconnecting the battery from the Truck or not. The White Fuse closest to the bottom of the picture,
IMG_3676.jpg
is the one your referring to?

I looked it up, it is the little one. Hard to tell if that is blown or not, will have to put it on a meter.

Odd....I have same issue that came up this weekend.

Mine is happening more when I am on the gas.

With or without both batteries together.

ummm. I would take that out and look at it. Not while it's running. It's fine to run it without it for minute and watch voltage also.
Won't comment on your ohm reading. Engine ruining, not running, fuse removed, unsure of your conditions while measuring.

ummm. I would take that out and look at it. Not while it's running. It's fine to run it without it for minute and watch voltage also.
Won't comment on your ohm reading. Engine ruining, not running, fuse removed, unsure of your conditions while measuring.
I removed it and measured it with the meter, I also had a spare and put it in and still get the light. Put original battery back in as it was not bad, just over 5 years old and got the same tihng, the light is bright on the dash, not dim. Measured the voltage to the battery with engine running, getting 14.46 and with engine off got 12.83

PROBLEM SOLVED: Had a friend who is a professional mechanic for a Toyota Dealership here locally come by and he found the issue in about 20 minutes.
It was a factory connection that runs between below the Fuse box and the battery tray and one of the pins had backed out of it part way. I had just bought a Factory Electrical manual for X2 (yes it is Clay Crofts old Landcruiser) and it came in very handy tracing the wiring from the battery. I had put heat shrink on that cable to protect it and should of inspected the connection before reconnecting it. See Pic of connection. Thank you for everyone who chimed in and gave advice.
IMG_3683.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom