Battery box… (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Yall… I’ve been turning over in my head how to install a secondary battery and I need some ideas.

The details: I have a LiFePo battery with a redarc charger and an inverter. I have a Lx 570 with a new floor coming in for my truck from Victory 4x4.

I want to install my battery and all in the space behind the wheel well on the left side of the trunk area (3rd row removed of course).

I’ve looked into boxes but I can’t figure out what I want to do. I’m either going to wire in a removable box or install permanently something. Should I make a wood structure? The pelican style boxes from harbor freight are too small. I need something taller to fit I think in that area and less wide. I do want to enclose everything because I have kids and I don’t want to risk issues with prying fingers.

Thoughts?

well, they do sell dedicated battery boxes. Matching typical battery sizes. Usually plastic, with straps to hold the battery and the whole thing set up to be bolted or strapped to the floor. And with a latching lid that should keep little fingers and apple juice out . Seems like that should work.

I am unclear, will these be behind the interior panel or in the common area? If behind the panel then I'm not sure why a box is needed at all. Maybe for crash protection?

Me thinks, going on a month now, OP has left the chat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom