Baselining my 1997 fzj80 3xlocked Rust Bucket of Hope! 🙏🙏🙏 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Been getting down with the brakes
Having a blast
PS rear rotor, and pads all around, Toyota brand people, looks like PS front needs a new caliper
216 from stealership....
Cleaned up the others with Toyota grease and a wire wheel...
On order now we have
All 8 crush washers i should've had before i started
2 bleeder for the rears being that I'm going to destroy them in removal
and 2 new banjo bolts because it's fun to say
And the piece dè resistancè new front caliper *drool*
Cant wait to have faith that when i press the brake pedal this 5000lb beast will stop. So thats nice. The new lines underneath add to that,.,.almost there,.,.forever!

View attachment 3045843

View attachment 3045844
Rotor should be replaced in pairs, front's or rears same with caliper JMHO 😉

Its now been 2 months of me sitting on a brand new heater control valve,.,. while the current ticking time bomb remains,.,.need the clamps and hoses,.,. Searching...404 error. Oh s***

Hit up Joey / Wit’s End - 1 stop shopping & he’s all too fluent in cooling system issues (actually where the company name started) - so he’ll fix you up right.

I just linked the valve (out of stock) - but you have it anyhow - he’s got all the right clamps for the hoses, etc to do it all right & no dealer guessing at what to order in.

Hit up Joey / Wit’s End - 1 stop shopping & he’s all too fluent in cooling system issues (actually where the company name started) - so he’ll fix you up right.

I just linked the valve (out of stock) - but you have it anyhow - he’s got all the right clamps for the hoses, etc to do it all right & no dealer guessing at what to order in.
Thanks Linus!
Dead on with that referral, can't wait to show that guy some support. He's a pillar of the community for sure. That's funny about our cooling system bringing the man to his wits end
:clap:

Please tell me I'm not the only one...

20220917_183805.jpg

That still has trim around their sun roof? Might be.

That trim is super brittle!
But I meant when the glass stops moving right before it hits the wind deflector everytime... I wonder if all the trucks are like that
Yes, that is normal. Safety feature?

Yes, that is normal. Safety feature?
Just glad mine still works, another reason I picked this one, no leaks up top.
No roof rack from Toyota.

Can't wait to mount a simple rack on the rails for my spare. Still working through baseline issues. Need to bring the truck over to the doc
this guy Steve runs a shop north shore, st. James bp gas station, very knowledgeable with cruisers always has a few of em around besides his 80 and 40. Need the experts here, will report back

Well i marked the 3yr mark if ownership on this beast. Hit buyitnow on ebay for $2,700 another $56 and i hopped onto spirit airlines and proceeded to start my second 1FZ-FE (story for another day! In march 2010 i drove my first LC, a 97 40th back from Chicago!) ...thanks to the lovely Kalamazoo winters I heard that engine straight outta the headers! The exhaust had rusted clean off from downpipe to the y-pipe. I had a shop weld a new y-pipe and i was off.
I drove her home from Detroit March 2020 in a wicked snowstorm.

The exhaust lasted until this past November. The rusty down pipe they welded onto gave way. I had it ratchet strapped to the frame for some months...drove an accord for a while...smh.
In desperation i ended up at the muffler shop with a quote just over $2k... i took a walk lol
I literally walked around the block to have a smoke and i kid you not my LC mechanic calls me and says i just got an lx450 in WHAT DO YOU NEED??
30 mins later and 450lx$$ dollars i had this.
Screenshot_20230326-021050_Photos.jpg

Did my due dilligence and turned it into this
Screenshot_20230326-020928_Photos.jpg

Its been ... kinda nice getting "to know" the 1FZ so intimately and loudly lmao but im glad to finally refer to her as a sewing machine as well

Brakes have been an issue. New hardlines fixed that replaced a few rotors and calipers....parking brake imploded...shoe was shot and got all up the rotor i s'pose . Lost one of my hubcaps so that sucked.said f*** it and took em all off
This was all she wrote.. so for now no hill parking
Screenshot_20230326-021831_Photos.jpg

Other than this all im anxious for good weather to get my PHH (super anxious...) valve cover gasket leak, and distributor leak too ... smh losing/burning? about a quart of oil per change. Ive lost my oil pressure guage some time ago and now religiously check my oil. Ill have to look at that soon guage soon as well...buuut her fluids are looking pretty tasty lol my fluids everywhere are topped and fresh.. diffs, t-case, brake fluid, blinker fluid etc

Finnally got some parts off my shelf and onto the truck.
Injectors
Heater control valve
I have a fresh airbag sensor assembly for back behind the dash... I'll get to it
20230327_125116.jpg

I really want to hang this new door i have for driver side rear...i wanted to hava shop weld in a new Bpilar i have first...but $$$ and i cant stand the look of the current door anymore.
Screenshot_20230326-022151_Photos.jpg

might do a full list of everything ive done in the last 3 yrs...lol

Cheers guys!
-Al

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom