Bandies for Sale! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cruiser_Nerd

That 25 Guy.
Threads
No accounting for taste on this one...........and no, they are not a relation to me. ;p Bandy for Sale
62band1.jpg
62band2.jpg
62band3.jpg

Anybody know anything about importing from Brazil? This one has the 4 cylinder Mercedes diesel. :) Another Bandy for sale
62band4.jpg
62band8.jpg
62band9.jpg

I forget what year Brazil started making their own cruisers, these might be Toyota or Banderita(sp)

I kinda think 59 was the 1st year of the local produced cruiser

the blue one, under all the stuff looks pretty original still.

Junk - yep, no problem, perfect opportunity for someone else. You'd look good in purple and pink flames. :D

Pimp - You're right looks like local production started in 1961 with the MB diesel. Bandeirante must also have continued the 25 style body for a few more years (or maybe that's where the tooling went? :confused: ), I've seen them up to 1964 or so with the bib and round wheel wells.

Interesting. This should make Steve feel better when he reads this. ;)

The Flamer: 15,000 Brazilian Real = 6,721.94 US Dollar
The Blue One: 16,000 Brazilian Real = 7,170.06 US Dollar

Buy this one for the hood emblem. :crybaby:
bademb.JPG

I think you should buy one Jim so instead of driving crusty 45 year old iron you could drive not so crusty 43 year old iron. :rolleyes: Just think of the road trip. :) Hell by the time you got it home you would have probaby found and fixed every problem with it. :eek: You could write a book of all the best service garages between South America and the US border. :idea:

John

Cruiser_Nerd said:
Interesting. This should make Steve feel better when he reads this. ;)

The Flamer: 15,000 Brazilian Real = 6,721.94 US Dollar
The Blue One: 16,000 Brazilian Real = 7,170.06 US Dollar

Then I got myself a bargain after all. :rolleyes:

Does "Jipe Toyota" mean Toyota Jeep?

Living in the Past said:
I think you should buy one Jim so instead of driving crusty 45 year old iron you could drive not so crusty 43 year old iron. :rolleyes:

I agree. Plus, I bet you could find three consecutive VIN #s down there real easily.

Johnny's post in the other thread reminded me...........
This one say it's a '63, though it looks like a later tub. My "theory" with no proof whatsoever.............is that the old 25 body tooling went to Brazil when they began production.
band.jpg

the door windows on the soft top roll up like blinds as well as the side curtins.

Cruiser_Nerd: the tooling was always in brazil they had production in the local market during the 60's...they never retooled untill...they were told too....no more need for spares in the earlyer styles. Tooling for the most part got reused or scraped, things that were in high demand were sent to other factories...but it was only high mantnance things like brake parts ...or small things that have a common need for. I had read that they were at a lag behind the overseas markets for "spare stock" reasons...so they used what they had. They adapted certain things on the cruisers to suit their needs...like larger kick vents...more durable bodys..."embossed".

I do alot of surfing... :) and using free translator programs :)

I like that one, if I had a ton of time and a some cash that would be on my list, a stretched 25. :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom