ballast resistor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
never had one, now i have to instsall one to use my xr700.

soooo, how do i put it in. one end has positive the other...well it just has a wire commin off it. i'm sure its self explanatory, but i would like some definite instructions.

also how does the xr700 fair against the HEI?

Just put it in series with the + side of the coil. You can use either end; it doesn't matter. Just pick which end is easier to wire up.

I'm sure that it will work as well as the HEI or any other Toyota distributor that is in good shape. You won't ever encounter a situation in a F/2F where the distributor/ignition will have a significant effect on engine performance. Should be more reliable than points though.

my apologies but i need clarification. as for a series all i have is the (-) running to the dist. and the positive to the starter. so do i just hook up the ballast (+) to + and (-) to - on the coil, just like that or am i supposed to connect the + to + and the - end some other place. i know this is basic and its bothering me that i'm hung up on it (mostly just to save hastle) could you just tell me where to connect each end.

i suppose i'm becoming the kook of this forum, but i'd rather be a kook than have a crapy ride or pay someone else to fix.

bump

someone, with a pic or just tell me where to connect either end.

WOW! unbelievable i already found that and..............and it doesn't work! really it doesn't, ;:

anyhow i hooked the thing up and my ride and it wouldn't start and it wouldn't start..........and it won't start. life must be mellow for you. (disregard)

well i understood what you said pin-head, but it won't start with it in. i did't mess w/ it much cuz i had to go someplace.

suggestions........anyone

Make sure that you still have the wire that goes from the starter solenoid directly to the coil + terminal. You need this wire for reliable starts with the ballast resistor.

really this is quite bad, but that's all i hooked up. i just figured to rune a strait charge between the starter syl. wire through the ballast to the + coil. i never ran - through or anything, i put it in like you would a fusable link.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom