Ball Joint and Tie Rod - comparison "555" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently completely rebuilt the front end on my 60. The 60 had gotten zero use the last 4 years - its been stuffed in the barn. I took it out last month and i rebuilt teh front axle and replaced all the front steering components . The last time the Landcruiser was ever driven was 4 years prior and before that it was rarely used.

Approximately 8 years ago I changed the tie rod ends and relay rods ends with what I though at the time was the best quality "555" brand components .

The old components that you see here have less than 1000 miles on them. When I removed the old relay rod ends they were incredibly loose, missing the cotter pin ( never came with one ) and overall the poor quality compared to the new Fuji "555" joints was obvious and if I remember correctly I paid about teh same price for teh fake Fuji's as I did for teh real ones.

I researched and tried to source original quality Japanese joints , its not as easy to to as it sounds. We all know the usual suspects and places to buy crap - but after going through this for a second time in less than 1000 miles, I wanted to do better. I wound up buying the entire replacement kit from Cruiserparts.net for 122$. The parts are perfect, you can replace the tie rod end plugs with grease fittings. their part number is 45040-69065X

One note on installation, I installed grease fittings on all the parts that did not already have them, I then lightly greased them and manually worked the joint in all directions until it was smooth.

Photos speak for themselves - you be the judge

IMG_1434.JPG

IMG_1470.JPG

IMG_1471.JPG

IMG_1473.JPG

IMG_1435.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom