BajaRack on my 100 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I needed a roof rack, and decided to go with the MegaMule from http://bajarack.com. This is a new company, and I haven't heard much feedback about their products. I've got it on the factory roof rails (for now). The rack is steel, lightweight, and was easy to install. I had about 350# of pea gravel and topsoil on top this weekend (far overloading the factory rack capacity!), and it did great.

Here are some pics:
DSC_0088.jpg
DSC_0090.jpg
DSC_0093.jpg

I just installed a Bajarack on my '04 Taco. I will have a thread soon with pics. I really haven't loaded it down with much but so far I am happy with it.

I just have the Mule. I believe it was around $310 shipped. I got mine from racksforall.com.:cheers:

The rack looks awesome and so does your 100 series.

I just don't like the rack on top of the factory rails. I wish there was an affordable "lower profile" aftermarket set-up one could use.

That is what I was thinking about doing with mine, anyways.

I agree, I actually hate it on the factory rack. It looks not right. The 100 factory rack is a PITA though. I don't really want to go to all of the trouble of ripping out the factory rack after reading threads on it. And I don't believe there's any way to just remove the factory cross bars alone to replace them with aftermarket bars (say Yakima). Maybe I'll get around to taking off the factory rack eventually, but it really would just be for looks. Those factory racks on the 100s are pretty stout, and support whatever I put on the rack without a problem.

I thought you could undo the allen bolts and take the factory x-bars off pretty easily? I've been meaning to try it, but it'd be good to know I couldn't do it before I tried.

I have the Yakima low-riders w/ 78" bars and it works well, but I don't have an aversion to the factory rails. Mainly because I'm used to running add-on towers which stick-up higher and aren't the sexiest looking things themselves.

2615870901_061fdc6ba9_m.jpg
2615870901_061fdc6ba9_m.jpg

Last edited:
Aussie 100's don't have the factory bars but still have the mounts on the roof. I have a set of Rola roof bars on mine that the PO fitted. I plan on making my own rack from aluminium and mounting it to the factory mounts on the roof.

attachment.php

Last edited:
Can you use mounts that connect right to the rail on a 60? I just wonder how these would look on my rig. Would you put a canoe on it?

Can you use mounts that connect right to the rail on a 60? I just wonder how these would look on my rig. Would you put a canoe on it?

It's got to be on some sort of rack system-either factory cross rails, or Thule or Yakima cross bars. And I put my canoe on it all the time-it's essentially the same as putting it on any aftermarket bars. Just make sure you've got it well tied down and you'll be fine.

ANybody use a spare tire mount on a Bajarack yet? Not sure if I will make a bracket up or order one. The Yakima one looks like it might work also.

do you have any more information on the Rola bars?

Aussie 100's don't have the factory bars but still have the mounts on the roof. I have a set of Rola roof bars on mine that the PO fitted. I plan on making my own rack from aluminium and mounting it to the factory mounts on the roof.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom