Backup Lights for BJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 1978 BJ40 and I'm located in Costa Rica. My backup lights are far too dim to be useful. Does anyone know if I can replace the existing bulbs with LED bulbs without doing any new wiring? If so, do you have any links for bulbs that would work? Also, has anyone found a good add on backup light assembly for this? Thanks for your response!

Yes , I know ..

NO , on a 1978 you must polarize your entire tail
Lamp steel housing w/ a 5 dedicated ground wire

Yes , I made a set of Aussie spec rear Amber reproduction Amber turn signals stand alone on
A 1965 fj40

I would simply , install LED bulbs and a clear Lense
And Presto !

assy , OEM inspired AUX back ups one each side to compliment and boost your back up night time
Safety in Costa Rica Moon-Less nights .....

PM me , i can explain more in detail what’s involved
but , a plug and play kit is a reality ....

Kindly Matt

Hi Matt! Thanks for your response. I'm really not sure I understand., especially what Aussy spec is... I'm not a mechanic. I can relay the info to my mechanic regarding the 5 dedicated ground wire, though I'm not sure what the "5" means. Also, if you have a link to the plug and play it would be great. I'm also not clear on how to PM on this site. Sorry to be such a newby!

I simply added some led bulbs and they are brighter, but not significantly so. You may need to add dedicated backup lights if the bulb change doesn’t work for you.

I simply added some led bulbs and they are brighter, but not significantly so. You may need to add dedicated backup lights if the bulb change doesn’t work for you.

I use a 12v utility light... rubber housing... works great

D4307719-BAE7-4EA5-9178-8E18B245D905.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom