Backup Lights for BJ40

I have a 1978 BJ40 and I'm located in Costa Rica. My backup lights are far too dim to be useful. Does anyone know if I can replace the existing bulbs with LED bulbs without doing any new wiring? If so, do you have any links for bulbs that would work? Also, has anyone found a good add on backup light assembly for this? Thanks for your response!

ToyotaMatt

Factory Focus-Point Mind-Set Aproach
Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star

Yes , I know ..

NO , on a 1978 you must polarize your entire tail
Lamp steel housing w/ a 5 dedicated ground wire

Yes , I made a set of Aussie spec rear Amber reproduction Amber turn signals stand alone on
A 1965 fj40

I would simply , install LED bulbs and a clear Lense
And Presto !

assy , OEM inspired AUX back ups one each side to compliment and boost your back up night time
Safety in Costa Rica Moon-Less nights .....

PM me , i can explain more in detail what’s involved
but , a plug and play kit is a reality ....

Kindly Matt

Hi Matt! Thanks for your response. I'm really not sure I understand., especially what Aussy spec is... I'm not a mechanic. I can relay the info to my mechanic regarding the 5 dedicated ground wire, though I'm not sure what the "5" means. Also, if you have a link to the plug and play it would be great. I'm also not clear on how to PM on this site. Sorry to be such a newby!

I simply added some led bulbs and they are brighter, but not significantly so. You may need to add dedicated backup lights if the bulb change doesn’t work for you.

I simply added some led bulbs and they are brighter, but not significantly so. You may need to add dedicated backup lights if the bulb change doesn’t work for you.

JohnnyC

Long ago TLCA# 2231
SILVER Star

Yes .... comes on when using my factory reverse lights

Put it there because my tail light guards have a nice ledge to attach to and is a good ground

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom