Back Window Decal?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone sell the rear window decal? 1970

DSCN0447.JPG

DSCN0448.JPG

Judging by the silence I guess the answer is no. I see two options. Get a custom made decal made or mask it off and give it a coat of clear lacquer. Opinions on these?

Judging by the silence I guess the answer is no. I see two options. Get a custom made decal made or mask it off and give it a coat of clear lacquer. Opinions on these?

i will say that was either a dealer add on , bling thing ?

or a old WESTERN AUTO type koolness product offering

my opinion here

but and however

its back story and relevance to your land cruiser and the vintage history factor make it a MUST HAVE without question

i would absolutely have your local decal shop , make a few up

this was on your land cruiser remains original as it came to you

there is ZERO question , it's original in some unknown way

and that matters , so MAKE it ALIVE and fresh once again !

details matter and matter do details ........

make it so .........

matt

i will say that was either a dealer add on , bling thing ?

or a old WESTERN AUTO type koolness product offering

my opinion here

but and however

its back story and relevance to your land cruiser and the vintage history factor make it a MUST HAVE without question

i would absolutely have your local decal shop , make a few up

this was on your land cruiser remains original as it came to you

there is ZERO question , it's original in some unknown way

and that matters , so MAKE it ALIVE and fresh once again !

details matter and matter do details ........

make it so .........

matt

I’m now fully convinced you are Yoda.

Interesting observation, thanks. Upon close examination each letter is separate on it's own film. It was a very nicely done water silde decal. For now I touched up the missing spots with matching paint and black fine point marker. I am not happy with the look but it is more stabalized. If I find a way to replace it I will scrape it all off with a razor blade.

I'm looking foreword to better weather so I can paint the top. I have done a lot of prep during this dreary cold weather.

I am trying to make it more OEM rather than modifying things, within reason. It currently has a Chevy straight 6 engine. At the time ~1980 my father was misinformed into believing that the engines were the same as OEM. Not so. The conversion is pretty crude to boot. I will probably investigate sourcing an original engine and column shift.

DSCN0449.JPG

Maybe Mo @63FST has some ideas?

Interesting observation, thanks. Upon close examination each letter is separate on it's own film. It was a very nicely done water silde decal. For now I touched up the missing spots with matching paint and black fine point marker. I am not happy with the look but it is more stabalized. If I find a way to replace it I will scrape it all off with a razor blade.

I'm looking foreword to better weather so I can paint the top. I have done a lot of prep during this dreary cold weather.

I am trying to make it more OEM rather than modifying things, within reason. It currently has a Chevy straight 6 engine. At the time ~1980 my father was misinformed into believing that the engines were the same as OEM. Not so. The conversion is pretty crude to boot. I will probably investigate sourcing an original engine and column shift.

View attachment 3202074

i would personally spec. at your local decal shop :

3M Heat Pressed UV grade Die cut vynyl w/ reverse adhesive face , and absolutely retain the metalic gold flake material disco era look , and just reproduce the black border same in kind ..

this translates in English to a interior mount type facing outward ......

a outside decal would eventually die from age and time stuff ,

however , a interior sticky face type WILL outlive you , and me just like the original one has basically done here ...

i would just get a MOQ minimum order quantity , but that may be up to 20 or more pcs .

i would absolutely scoop up a few from you and sticker-bomb the SKUNK-WORKS laboratory as i now indeed do in a methodical well thought out artistical way anything vintage toyota ,,,,

see tech photo below of how and what i refer to exactly :

Maybe Mo @63FST has some ideas?
Thanks for your thoughts -- I usually try not to replicate trademarked items such as brands or names so this would be a labor of love for those involved.....

Also from experience I would make a clear rectangle decal with the 'Toyota' printed and you would attach it from the inside of your window.

That said, If a set amount of owners want to pre-pay for such an item I can certainly try to help but purely from a noble perspective hence selling to only those who need one.

Hope that helps and thanks again for thinking of me.

-Mo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom