Back to Cruisers after a long hiatus (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all! At one time I was pretty active on this site. I had an FJ62 for several years, that I loved and wish I never sold. I sold it in 2011 to pool resources together to buy a house. In the time, I bought said house, had a child (now 4.5), sold that house and moved to Montana. Loved it there and wish I was still there. Bought and sold a house there, and now family matters recently brought me back to Oregon. And, recently I purchased a 1991 FJ80. It is pretty mild, has 2” OME with 255/75/17s, a decent home made front bumper and 13k winch.

I have still been chasing put some bugs. Mainly a very frustrating intermittent high idle issue, and now has a leaky birf. But took it out for maiden voyage last weekend. Had a blast, and has rekindled my love.

Looking forward to coming here for all the tech advice and hopefully make new friends along the way.
FB_IMG_1583640191713.jpg

FB_IMG_1583642973304.jpg

Welcome back & nice rig! I think I remember seeing your rig on Craigslist a while ago. Did the guy you buy it from live on the coast? (Maybe I’m thinking of another rig...)

Welcome back & nice rig! I think I remember seeing your rig on Craigslist a while ago. Did the guy you buy it from live on the coast? (Maybe I’m thinking of another rig...)
He did. He is active duty USCG. Nice guy from Texas. He had just purchased it out of Portland earlier in the year. Was doing some work to it, planning a trip to Moab. Then family plans changed and he had to sell it.

And thank you. Had some clear coat peel in the top of the fender, and just starting to pop at the tops of the doors, just below the windows. So took it in and had a 1/2 vinyl wrap done, from the body line up, in matte gray metallic. It came out pretty sharp.

Welcome back brother! Nice rig, and I like that homemade bumper! What kind of antenna do you have mounted to it? Need some ideas...

Welcome back brother! Nice rig, and I like that homemade bumper! What kind of antenna do you have mounted to it? Need some ideas...
Thanks! It is a 4 ft Francis. I did a quick hasty CB install 2 nights before that run. Lol. I mounted it there for now, just cuz there was already a hole there. Haha. But honestly, at least the one use I have had with it, worked well!

Welcome back, like you never left. Looking forward to seeing your progress on this rig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom