Dobinson 3.5 long travel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

fj80rodngun

GOLD Star
Threads
Replaced the OME 2” lift with the 3.5 LT, the old caster plates are rated for 2-3” lift best I remember. I need more correction and all my google foo searches come up with 4-6” lifts. What is the suggested plates for my new lift?

IMG_4709.jpeg

Have you considered a RAM?

Replaced the OME 2” lift with the 3.5 LT, the old caster plates are rated for 2-3” lift best I remember. I need more correction and all my google foo searches come up with 4-6” lifts. What is the suggested plates for my new lift?

View attachment 3509716
I have these for sell.

Replacement radius arms to suit the amount of lift are also an option.

^^^ I have the 2.5 VT’s but they generate 3.5” of lift. Had the Landtank 2.5” plates and the truck was drivable but caster was short. Bit the bullet for the Delta 4” arms and wow what a difference. I went from comfortable two hands on the wheel to two fingers with one hand. Still need to get the 555 tie rods swapped in but man the arms are really nice, can’t wait to see what the flex is like.

Last edited:
^^^ I have the 2.5 VT’s but they generate 3.5” of lift. Had the Landtank 2.5” plates and the truck was drivable but caster was short. Bit the bullet for the Delta 4” arms and wow what a difference. I went from comfortable two hands on the wheel to two finders with one hand. Still need to get the 555 tie rods swapped in but man the arms are really nice, can’t wait to see what the flex is like.

^^^ I have the 2.5 VT’s but they generate 3.5” of lift. Had the Landtank 2.5” plates and the truck was drivable but caster was short. Bit the bullet for the Delta 4” arms and wow what a difference. I went from comfortable two hands on the wheel to two fingers with one hand. Still need to get the 555 tie rods swapped in but man the arms are really nice, can’t wait to see what the flex is like.
What did you do about the bracket being notched to fit the old plates?

What did you do about the bracket being notched to fit the old plates?
I did nothing about the notch ground into the housing. The original bolt holes where still there so I mounted up the arms and torqued the hardware to 130#. If I was a welder I would have probably repaired the notch.

What is your impression of the LT kit? I was going to go Slinky but have given up on it.

I want the added droop for dune running with CDC 2.5 shocks with internal bump stops. Is this a similar setup?

What is your impression of the LT kit? I was going to go Slinky but have given up on it.

I want the added droop for dune running with CDC 2.5 shocks with internal bump stops. Is this a similar setup?
I haven’t put it to the test yet but so far more than exceeds my expectations.

IMG_4962.jpeg

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom