Back in stock: 80 Series Part-Time Kits (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got any more of dem kits?

Which kit are you after?

Part# TC80PTKIT - $625/kit
Fits 1/1990 - 7/1992 FJ80 or customers who already have a Center Diff Lock Switch
Includes T-Case Spool, 2xAISIN Hubs (Gold, other colors available) & Hub Gaskets.

Part# TC80PTEKIT - $744.50/kit
Fits 8/1992-1/95 FZJ80
Includes T-Case Spool, 2xAISIN Hubs (Gold, other colors available), Hub Gaskets & OEM CDL Switch

Part# TC80PTLKIT - $789.50/kit
Fits 2/1995-1/98 FZJ80/LX470
Includes T-Case Spool, 2xAISIN Hubs (Gold, other colors available), Hub Gaskets & OEM CDL Switch

So do you have to keep the center diff engaged when in 2WD?? So much bad intel on the web!

Some dude on YouTube is saying that if you don’t engage the center diff in 2WD you’ll blow some of the T case internals.

Clarification from a pro would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
So do you have to keep the center diff engaged when in 2WD?? So much bad intel on the web!

Some dude on YouTube is saying that if you don’t engage the center diff in 2WD you’ll blow some of the T case internals.

Clarification for a pro would be greatly appreciated!

No, you engage the CDL to engage 4WD, that couples the front and rear output shafts of the t-case.

When part-time kit installed:
CDL Locked, hubs locked - 4WD
CDL Locked, hubs unlocked - Front driveshaft, diff and axles turning, but wheels not engaged
CDL Unlocked, hubs locked- Front driveshaft, diff and axles turning, but t-case not engaged
CDL Unlocked, hubs unlocked - 2WD (rear) - Nothing spinning on front axle, diff or driveshaft.

No, you engage the CDL to engage 4WD, that couples the front and rear output shafts of the t-case.

When part-time kit installed:
CDL Locked, hubs locked - 4WD
CDL Locked, hubs unlocked - Front driveshaft, diff and axles turning, but wheels not engaged
CDL Unlocked, hubs locked- Front driveshaft, diff and axles turning, but t-case not engaged
CDL Unlocked, hubs unlocked - 2WD (rear) - Nothing spinning on front axle, diff or driveshaft.
Copy that. Thank you for the detailed answer Kurt!

Much appreciated.

FB_IMG_1677462357270.jpg

This was shared on FB, made me giggle.

Have am 1st Gen 80 can I use a hilux manual hubs and change the inner hub gears and just get a spool. Have a set just sitting tks

Have am 1st Gen 80 can I use a hilux manual hubs and change the inner hub gears and just get a spool. Have a set just sitting tks

Likely. It depends on the year of your 80, the year/model the hubs came from, etc.

Hi Kurt, I’m currently has an ARB front air lockers. Can I keep my air locker or does it get replaced with manual locking hubs if I install part time kit?

Hi Kurt, I’m currently has an ARB front air lockers. Can I keep my air locker or does it get replaced with manual locking hubs if I install part time kit?

Air Locker or any other locker in the diff absolutely stays and works no differently. The spool we supply replaces the differential in the t-case only.

Since I already have a CDL lock button and air lockers, does it mean I only need the spool to convert it into part time? No hub lock needed?
I’m about to order front knuckles rebuilt from you and would like to order everything at once.

Since I already have a CDL lock button and air lockers, does it mean I only need the spool to convert it into part time? No hub lock needed?
I’m about to order front knuckles rebuilt from you and would like to order everything at once.

No. You need the spool and hubs. This kit:

Any word on the out of stock Aisin Gold faced lock out hubs for the 80 axles yet?

Nothing yet, still on back-order. Do you have an existing order with us?

no sir, was just waiting for those to come back in stock. As well as the japanese bearings in the axle rebuild kits

You may call and place a back-order by phone, those orders continue to ship before new stock is added to the CruiserTeq.com site.

Or, we can substitute AISIN colors/style and ship immediately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom