Back in az lets do this bif party (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ok people the address is 29 pinnacle rd in prescott. you can map quest it or if you want ask me and ill help you out wit directions. I can meet people if need be as well. this is for sunday the 31st. bring what ever tools you can as well and anything you may need or want. that way between the group will have all the right stuff. also if any one plans on changing there brake pads and there sticking with 80 series i have an extra set that ill sell for what ever you can get them from dan from.

looking forward to this
mike

medtro said:
Do not forget your part washer(s).

tee hee yeah dont forget them becasue i dont have one and it would be really handy. ahhh well nothing a few more rolls of shot towls cant do right?

mike

lx450landcruiser said:
tee hee yeah dont forget them becasue i dont have one and it would be really handy. ahhh well nothing a few more rolls of shot towls cant do right?

mike

You may need more than a few (3 lbs of old grease per cruiser):flipoff2: plus towels dont do a very good job cleaning wheel bearings

Checker auto - parts washer 29.95
Home depot - 5 gals Kerosine 15.00

Paint thinner makes good cheap solvent, dries better than kerosene. Big sheets of cardboard make cleanup much easier, put them on the ground under the hub, take it apart and scrape most of the grease off on to the cardboard, fold it up complete with the rags, seals, mess and throw away, use a new piece for assembly. Much better than scrubbing grease out of concrete.

I should be able to make it.
Hopefully mating the :princess:'s 80 with LCPhil's rebuild kit. :D
I'll bring airtools and A/C tools if anyone wants their A/C checked.

LandCruiserPhil said:
You may need more than a few (3 lbs of old grease per cruiser):flipoff2: plus towels dont do a very good job cleaning wheel bearings

Checker auto - parts washer 29.95
Home depot - 5 gals Kerosine 15.00

Anyone got a parts wsher they can bring along? I was thinking of using degreaser, a wire brush and a big bucket. Also, I read in one write up that brake cleaner is really good for getting the grease out of the birfs. Is it a lot easier with a parts washer?

I take all the big parts to the coin-op car wash, hose them down with gunk engine cleaner and blow them clean with the high pressure. Works great, but some of the car wash owners don't kindly to that kind of activity!

azaussie said:
Also, I read in one write up that brake cleaner is really good for getting the grease out of the birfs.

Brakeclean owns. Period.
But, you can go through a lot of it if you don't use a parts washer first. :doh:
Plan on a case to do both sides. Prolly won't need all of it, but it beats gettng the :princess:'s car all greasy to go get more.

well napa has a deal on cases of brake cleaner so maybe il just do that. a parts washer would be awsome but i just dont have room for that in the gagrage i just got a new big compressor, a plamsa cutter, and a big tool chest. so it will be a long time beefore any thing else goes in the garage. as for the party what tiem do you guys wanna do this? i should be around all day so its not really a big deal to me. let me know or we can talk about it this fri? the sonic meet is this fri right?

mike

hj60 said:
Brakeclean owns. Period.
But, you can go through a lot of it if you don't use a parts washer first. :doh:
Plan on a case to do both sides. Prolly won't need all of it, but it beats gettng the :princess:'s car all greasy to go get more.

Off topic, but what is that pic you are using for your atavar(sp?). No ?

looks like one of those dealys you splice wires with to add a third wire. when i re wired my 40 the original wiring was so full of them i ended up just ripping everything out and starting new.

mike

Brakeclean owns. Period.

Yep it the best for wiping off finger prints before applying gasket sealer, paint... Faced with pounds of grease, some caked/dried on, a solvent that doesn't evaporate in a second allowing time to scrub will work better. If your axle is a mess show up at the coin-op car wash with some foamy engine bright, spray on, let soak, hose, repeat, until the outside of the knuckles/fender well area is clean before disassembly!

lx450landcruiser said:
well napa has a deal on cases of brake cleaner so maybe il just do that. a parts washer would be awsome but i just dont have room for that in the gagrage i just got a new big compressor, a plamsa cutter, and a big tool chest. so it will be a long time beefore any thing else goes in the garage. as for the party what tiem do you guys wanna do this? i should be around all day so its not really a big deal to me. let me know or we can talk about it this fri? the sonic meet is this fri right?

mike

Mike,

I would like to come over at about 8am or so.

Tim

thats fine wit me and if that doesnt work for the others they can still come over at what ever time and we will see where were at.

mike

I may be interested. What do I need for parts and what kind of time commitment are we looking at?

lexycrzy said:
I may be interested. What do I need for parts and what kind of time commitment are we looking at?
For a first timer with adult supervision, it's probably a solid couple of hours.
All tools seem to be being provided.
You'll need a rebuild kit. Bearings are optional. They're usually reusable, unless the rig has been severely abused/neglected.
You'll also need a bunch of chassis grease.
And something to clean out the old grease with.
Liquid refreshment, cos we'll all get thirsty.
And a little cash for someone to run out for lunch for us. Mike: Any good food near you?

medtro said:
You will not need lunch if you finish the job in 2 solid hours.
Some of us will be there the whole day (like me).
And I know no one will be working non-stop like they're getting paid for it. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom