Builds Back in a 60 series - 1HZ Swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I tried. Too deep.

I got the grill to fit with the one I got from you.

Yes sir that would be great

Booze, the core dimensions are 21.5 inches X 7 inches X 2.5 inches thick. The overall width from inlet to inlet is about 28 inches. It has 2.5 inch diameter inlets.

I clearanced the grill work with this oscillating tool. Cut like butter but the fumes were stinky. I need to clean up the edges with a file and then paint it black. The chrome on the grill is in bad shape .
20180916_103137.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, might have to save up for one of those metal aftermarket grills. I think they're $550 or so, but are significantly lower profile.

Galen, @bottombracket , and I got the throttle cable attached and also got the hard part of th exhaust done. Unfortunately, I ran out of shielding gas. :(

20180922_160217.jpg

88A6B5EE-42E6-49A6-A37E-0D18B5C15073.jpeg

It looks more impressive out of the truck.

It’s really coming together, Dave!

I recently bought a bracket to mount the aftermarket Autometer speedo from @lcwizard . It is designed to work with the smaller gauges (2-1/16), but I ended up just sandwiching the speedo with it using some long wood screws.

20180925_201725.jpg
20180925_201718.jpg

Finished the down pipe and also welded in a bung for a wide band O2 sensor to measure AFR's. I then wrapped it in heat wrap to help protect the fuel and brake lines in that area. I might fabricate a sheet metal heat shield, too.

20180930_133043.jpg

Next up, I reinstalled the driver side fender. Man, that took forever to line up the screw holes! I also found a spot for the vac tank that gets plumbed in between the vac pump and the brake booster. I need to fabricate a bracket for the fuel pump. You can see it in the right corner of the engine bay.

20180930_151005.jpg

Last night, I started on the fuel filter bracket. It's a little rough looking, but I'll clean it up and paint it tomorrow.

20180930_223658.jpg

The lap joint exhaust band clamps came in yesterday and I was able to do a better mock-up of the exhaust. Still need to figure out what to do at the tip and how to hang the whole thing from the frame.

20180930_212621.jpg

Anyone have an idea why I'm not getting any power from the ignition relay? My engine turned off on me yesterday after 1 minute of being turned on. I noticed that there was no power going to the fuel cut solenoid. I checked the fuse and it was good, but then checked for power at the terminal block. Nothing.

I do not recall a fuel cut solenoid in a 12HT. Usually a vsv on the throttle body shuts a butterfly valve to kill the motor. The vsv should not go through a relay as I recall as well. Just needs to come straight from the ignition switch. You need vacuum to run the vsv. If it shut off it could be a loose connection. Is your butterfly valve connected to anything? If not it could momentarily close from vibration to kill the engine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom