Builds Back in a 60 series - 1HZ Swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too. Just need to find one now :)

I have an HJ61 air cleaner coming! Should be plug and play for the most part. Yes, I'll clean it up and paint it before I install it.

5905A565-0EF4-45CE-BE91-E85E431BDB3B.jpeg

I ordered a switched fused block with three circuits. The one I picked is really nicely made. The enclosure is waterproof and is made by Littelfuse, but Concours Specialties adds wires, relays and fuses. I ordered it straight from them at: www.teamconcours.com
This will help me clean up the mess under the dash. It's a freaking birds nest under there with crimped connections all over the place.

20181009_210945.jpg

20181009_210821.jpg

20181009_210746.jpg

I bolted the fuse block on the driver side fender near the fuel filter and vacuum tank.

20181009_222127.jpg

Was out of town this weekend and only had the chance to wrench for a bit on Sunday night. I got the oil catch can installed and also installed the rear drive shaft. I could theoretically drive it now, but I need to finish with the exhaust.

Oh, I also pulled the stock exhaust out. Anyone need it? Has a nice Magnaflow muffler.

20181014_215800.jpg

20181012_203547.jpg

Let’s go for a drive!!!!

Almost. That reminds me. I need to buy some gear oil for the tranny and t-case.

The HJ61 air cleaner came in today that I got from @whitey45 . Unfortunately, installing it at the stock location lets it interfere with the 1HD-FTE turbo inlet.

20181016_182251.jpg

Last edited:
So, I shifted it back and it looks like it might work. I might need to bend the lower mounting leg to get it level.
20181016_183207.jpg

Last edited:
I can't believe how small the diameter of the air cleaner inlet tube is. Might choke off air flow.

maybe the angle of the picture...but is the hood going to close?

I hope so, but that lid might be a tad too tall.

you can get a lid off a FZJ80, it does not pinch down like the diesel lids.

I have one of those too. Bad part is that it might be taller.

I have one of those too. Bad part is that it might be taller.

it is taller and the air box must be the match coz the center rod it's longer too ..

The rod is an easy problem. Just need to make sure everything clears the hood first.

In comparing performance on my turboed 2H with the factory air box and an aftermarket cone filter, you will leave some power on the table with the factory airbox and maybe some spool time. That said, all of my LandCruisers have factory filters because they do their job so well.

Biggest change I saw came from disconnecting the snorkel on the street, that thing really choked it.

I also started on the Autometer diesel tach install. This one has a sensor that straps to the alternator. Seems to work well. Just need to calibrate it.

I will install it in the same spot as the stock gasser tach.

View attachment 1781576 View attachment 1781577
do you have the Autometer Part number for this Tach. I have the diesel Tach adaptor and have been messing with my stock tach and an electrical engineer to adapt the stock tach, no luck , . and the part number is...?

In comparing performance on my turboed 2H with the factory air box and an aftermarket cone filter, you will leave some power on the table with the factory airbox and maybe some spool time. That said, all of my LandCruisers have factory filters because they do their job so well.

Biggest change I saw came from disconnecting the snorkel on the street, that thing really choked it.

Yep, I might modify the intake tube on the air cleaner to something bigger .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom